Jane was way too stressed out on this week’s Jane the Virgin and it led to one of her first fights with Michael.
Michael finally made the decision to become a lawyer but passing the BAR exam wasn’t as easy as it looked. The constant studying, the practice tests, it all became a huge weight over him, especially because Jane too was going after her career, writing her first novel.
Two goal-oriented and working parents? A recipe for disaster. Both began getting on each other’s nerves and Jane worried that with law school, their relationship would crumble and end in divorce. Thanks for putting the idea in her mind Bruce!
To unwind, Jane brought whole back some essential oils from her yoga instructor and the next morning, Michael’s eye was so swollen, he looked like a puffer fish. How could he go to his law school interview looking like this? Thankfully, he didn’t have to worry about it much because he never even made it after getting stuck in 3 hours of traffic.
Eventually, Jane and Michael had to camp out in the woods, one of her least favorite activities. Lying underneath the stars, they realized that life wasn’t going to get easier but they needed to make time for themselves and do something relaxing. When Jane finally let it all go, the stars began aligning including Mateo saying his first word other than mama and papa!
Rafael was still dealing with the addendum in his father’s will. He finally told Jane about it and was going to get it verified when Catalina whisked him away on a day long vacation, at Petra’s request. We’ve always seen Petra do sneaky and cunniving things so it seemed like this would be no different. When Catalina realized that Rafael was actually struggling, she refused to go along with the charade and ratted Petra out.
Rafael came storming into her room, upset that she had cameras and was spying on him. But turns out, after being attacked by her sister, Anezka, she was having a hard time coping and distinguishing between fiction and reality. When she heard about Rafael’s will, she decided that she couldn’t let him lose any of the money so that the twins would always be taken care of, so she shredded it. I was so surprised by Petra’s kindness.
The will however isn’t completely off the radar. Petra might have thought she fooled Scott by posing as her sister but really, he was playing her. In fact, after she shredded the will, he taped it all together and gave it to Anezka on their wedding day as their “way out.” Oh boy.
Despite getting along with Catalina on a deeper level for the first time ever, Raf told her she had to leave because things were just too hectic and well, he couldn’t trust her. After all, she did lie multiple times, not only to him but to Jane.
Catalina’s departure was welcome news to Jane, who finally finished her novel about Abuela and even got her blessing. Maybe something good finally came of it after all?
As for other relationship news, Rogelio and Darci finally decided to give love a chance after they both had “emoners” aka emotional boners for each other. Before their first date however, Darci realized his bond with Xo would always be a barrier so she acted way to critical of him. That made him want to impress her more and he literally rewrote the final episode of Tiago multiple times. While Darci seems like a lovely lady, I’m glad the baby stuff is on hold for now and I hope their relationship fizzles out because I need him to be with Xo. Like, who even is this Bruce guy? He’s no good.
Overall, the episode seemed a bit surface level for me. There were no major plot twists aside from Scott and Anezka, who are the lamest villains ever! I need more of that pazzaz the earlier season had!
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Seventy-Three (4×09)
After such a steamy kiss, it seemed like Jane and Rafael were finally on the road to their happily ever after on Jane the Virgin Season 4 Episode 9.
Except a steamy kiss was no longer enough. Back in the day, it would have been everything they needed, but now that they’re raising a 5-year-old who fully grasps the concept of “family,” it simply doesn’t cut it.
Jane the Virgin – Chapter 72 (4×08)
5 Major Moment’s From ‘Jane the Virgin’s’ “Chapter Sixty-Nine”
Given that the show has the word virgin in its title, Jane the Virgin tackled sex and sexuality in a riveting murder mystery episode.
- Adam’s Bisexuality – Jane was shocked to learn that Adam is bisexual. It was the bisexuality party that bothered her as much as the fact that he hid it from her for so long. Adam’s reasoning was legit — he didn’t want the little fact to break them up as it had multiple relationships before. Jane promised not to be awkward about it but every time she saw him with a dude, she couldn’t help but wonder if he was into him. She even began questioning her own sexuality and tried to kiss her BFF Lina, which honestly, I do with my friends all the time so #NoBigDeal people! Jane finally took Lina’s advice and confronted Adam about her feelings. He answered many of her questions including “is this a stepping stone to coming out as gay.” In case you yourself are wondering, it isn’t.
- Lina’s Wedding Dilemma – We don’t get the pleasure of seeing Lina on a daily basis but that hasn’t changed her dynamic with Jane. As she’s gearing up marry the love of her life, she calls upon Jane for maid of honor duties. Jane is a little taken aback to find out that Lina, the crazy, party-loving, wild child wants to do a murder mystery dinner but she goes with it. That is until Lina tells her she’s really not sure if she wants to marry Danny because he’s kind of a “bore.” It’s understandable to get cold feet before the wedding but Lina tasked Jane with making the sole decision on whether or not she should walk down the aisle. Talk about pressure. As much as Jane wants to stay out of it, she tells Lina she’s not 100% convinced Danny is the guy for her. But during the murder mystery, she learns that he knows a lot about Lina and even though he’s not the man she imagined marrying, he’s who she fell in love with. It’s time for a wedding!
- Rafael is Alive, Thank God! – Last week, the episode left us with a devastating cliffhanger. Would Raf die after being mowed down by Katherine’s car? The good news is no, he didn’t die, he was just badly beat up. But his deal to get the hotel back was completely foiled. Even worse — Katherine told Luisa all about Raf’s plan to buy the hotel back. Luisa kicked him out again, forcing him to move back with the Villanueva’s. But he was back soon enough to talk to Luisa about Carl, a hallucination she was having similar to the one she had when doing her medical residency.
- Luisa’s Lost It… or Has She? – During last week’s episode, Anezka told her mother that Luisa was talking to a man that didn’t exist. Or did he? Turns out, Carl was real but he was playing Luisa’s imaginary friend so that Rafael would commit her and Anezka would get her shares of the hotel making her part owner. There were definitely some loopholes in this twist: how did they know it would work? What if Luisa didn’t commit herself? What if someone else had seen Carl?
- Snip Goes Rogelio – Xo was over this baby business so she asked Rogelio to get snipped so that they wouldn’t have any more children. He wasn’t fond of the idea of getting rid of his manhood so she tried to manipulate him into the decision by dangling “sex” in front of him. If he loved her, he should be willing to do anything for her right? While I liked that this showed the alternative to getting your tubes tied because really, why do women have to do all the work, I didn’t like how Xo approached the situation.
Thoughts on this week’s Jane the Virgin? Who will die? And make sure to read my full review HERE!
Coffee Table News4 years ago
A Real Life Princess Elsa Hopes to Land OUAT Gig
Riverdale2 weeks ago
Riverdale – The Tell-Tale Heart (2×13)
The Resident2 weeks ago
The Resident – Identity Crisis (1×04)
Jane The Virgin1 year ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Coffee Table News3 years ago
Baywatch Remake Ready For the Big-Screen
Coffee Table News7 months ago
‘The Originals’ To End After Season 5
Coffee Table News4 years ago
PLL Season 5- Extended Sneak Peek
Coffee Table News11 months ago
‘The Mindy Project’ To End After Season 6