I thoroughly enjoy 90210 when it mixes some emotions (as unbelievable as they are) and some comedy. Its really no fun watching everyone live this perfect “Lets go to Vegas” life, so when things start going back for everybody I find some pleasure in it…. Evil I know. This episode had a central theme of “growing up” and “sacrifices.” Seems like everybody want’s to give the gang a feel for the real world outside of Beverly Hills High.
This week Naomi was a loner for a change. After screwing things up with Austin and his father last week seems like the couple hasn’t made up. Looking for friends everywhere possible she finally forces Alana to hang out with her. As they go out for a night together, after playing charades that is, to Ivy’s photography competition to score Alana the guy of her dreams Stanley. It was honest and pure watching her struggle to flirt and then it was even better watching the nerd fall for Naomi. This motivated her to admit all her faults as a girlfriend and as she waited at home to apologize to Alana she realized that in some weird twisted way she actually helps people. She sent off Alana on a date with some new hottie she met after she realized what a pig Stanley was and then proceeded to call Austin and in her Naomi Clark way, apologize. These are the kinds of moments I expect from 90210.
Annie is truly a troubled soul. After she found Dixon a rehab center she is forced to rake up about 10 thousand dollars for a deposit. She turns to Patrick for the money but then realizes that what she’s doing is horrible and confronts him about his cheating in Vegas. His comeback? This is what the relationship is. Her hires escorts when he travels because he gets lonely but that’s how he does relationships. A hurt Annie decides to storm out and sell all of the things her ever bought her (and there was a lot) online. In the end it turns out she only made about $2500 and has no choice but to go back to Patricks and apologize. It literally broke my heart when they showed her the next morning in bed and he left her a check for 10 grand. I mean damn she got the money but by selling her body. In my world we call that prostitution…..
Silver messed up… Big time. After sending Marissa the video of Teddy getting married, Marissa used that to her advantage and leaked the video causing her to win the campaign and in turn ruin Teddy’s life. His whole family hates him, she outed him to the public, he blamed his boyfriend for it and then found out that in reality Silver was the one who leaked the tape. Thank God he has friends like Liam to take his mind off all his troubles by breaking into a race-track and seeking adventure… Only to get caught and arrested…. Liam on the other hand needs to stop. He’s either happy by the fact that he can make money and be a legit model or quit it and stop nagging. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime!!! And what made me so angry is that he complains about loosing his freedom to live his life. First of all it’s not like he really did much to begin with. When have we ever seen Liam ride a bike, drive a race car, or even surf? He gave that up in like season 2. And this job can open up so many doors for him. Plus a little piece of advice, read your contract before signing anything.
The best news in this episode… RAJ HAS BEEN TREATED! Kind of saw that coming but it was still a moving moment. Finally after so much treatment it finally worked!!! But what is that going to mean for Raj and Ivy. She obviously has a crush on her photography teacher who we just learned is the photographer she is going to be traveling to New Guinea with (thanks to the photography contest that OBVIOUSLY Ivy won). Whatever I won’t be a hater this was finally an Ivy episode. I think she smiled the whole time… and that’s saying a lot for Debbie the Downer Ivy.
Apparently the drugs got Dixon bad which I don’t really believe cause it seems awfully IMPOSSIBLE but sure. After telling Ade that he wants to be with her he flips out on Annie about how much he doesn’t care about her only to have the two girls realize that he’s still using. When Ade drops him off in rehab she lets him know that while he is there they cannot proceed with their relationship. She believes that the drugs made him say things he didn’t really mean. It was sad to watch Dixon go down like that. He was one of the only characters on the show that was smart and motivated. To let it all slip away like that sucks. Overall the episode really made progress for a lot of characters and a lot of relationships, for better or worse. One person we didn’t see this week though… Navid. And catch that I am putting this in the last sentence of my blog… because I almost forgot… thats how much it didn’t affect anything….
- Patrick: Yes I was with another woman in Vegas and when I’m in L.A i’m with you. I travel a lot and I hate to be alone so I hired an escort service which I recall is how we met.
- Raj: We didn’t talk about our future cause we didn’t think we had one.
- Dixon: Are we a couple? Or did you just have sex with me in Vegas just to keep me away from drugs?
- Liam: So what your saying is basically I just signed my life away?
- Agent: Well at least it pays well.
- Ade: You know when your famous they want you to live this fake life and put on a show.
- Naomi: If I have to endure this game for one more minute I will bake a cake six stories high and jump off of it.
- Marissa: But part of growing up is realizing how this world really works. I did what I had to do to win and now I’m going to do a lot of good for a lot of people including your friend.
- Naomi: Oh my god you have a 6 thousand point gpa and you don’t know how to flirt with a boy.
- Stanley: You know brainy girls aren’t really my type. However you are just what the doctor ordered.
- Liam: Her job is to make sure I’m not having any fun.. Ever.
- Ade: And when your an addict you say things you don’t mean and feel things that aren’t real. I mean he said some things to me too but it wasn’t Dixon saying those things it was his addiction.
- Naomi: On the outside obviously I’m incredibly hot and frankly out of your league. But on the inside im a horrible girlfriend. I’m selfish, I’m superficial, I’m vain. I put my nose into everybody’s business. I will judge you, manipulate you. If you take away my hair and you take away my face this is what your left with. Trust me you don’t want to be in a relationship with me.
- Teddy: I dont know whats worse that or actually having the life you want and watching it get ripped away.
- Liam: I guess they both suck.
- Annie: When did life get so complicated?
- Silver: About 5 minutes into what was suppose to be the best year of our lives.
- Naomi: I missed you guys.
- Silver: We live in your house…
- Naomi: oh my this this is the most pathetic pity party ever. Seriously somebody cue the sad music bring out the chardonnay and lets turn 30 why don’t we.
- Silver: In Naomi’s world there is no problem that won’t be solved by flirting.
- Agent: Stop whining about loosing your freedom. We all make sacrifices its called growing up.
- Ade: It’s real for me, we just don’t know if its real for you yet.
- Raj: I’m going to live!!!!
90210 Series Finale: We All Fall (5×22)
The two-hour final episode looked back on 90210 and touched on everything we hoped it would. The different places the cast has shot at, like the playboy mansion, the Hollywood sign and even the Hollywood Bowl. The fact that it was a “California show” echoed out of each episode, even when critics said it was a spinoff of its predecessor.
Naomi insulted Kim and Khloe Kardashian on an episode, Perez Hilton mended fences being on the show, Denise Richards made an appearance and even Snoop Dogg and Ne-Yo made appearances.
Annie was the conscience of the show. No matter what she always kept everyone on track. Her writing the blog that turned into the book “Undressed” was her way of continuing her innocence and admitting to everything out in the open.
We’ve seen Dixon always getting himself into trouble, whether it was gambling or drugs addictions. Last season we had to go through his car crash and grew with him as he learned to walk again.
Silver showed that being bipolar was not something that was out of the ordinary or should be looked down on. Her fertility issues and manic episodes were all things that she overcame and made us all realize that nothing is too hard to go through.
The saying “good guys finish last” was proved wrong by Navid. That poor guy was punched in the face more times than Naomi switched relationships. From the porn industry to trying to have Silver’s baby, Navid was always there.
Liam, our bad boy turned rich kid. Who knew the guy that Naomi was crushing on would turn into such a heartthrob. He had his problems though too with his motorcycle accident and Vanessa pretending to be dead.
Queen Bitch Naomi. We met her in high school bossing everyone around and we grew to love her as she started to grow a heart and mature. Her many relationships were always entertaining, yet her rudeness continued to make us laugh.
Adrianna was always the one that was pegged for anything bad that happened although it was mostly her doing. When she switched out Silver’s pills, we hated her. When she was pregnant and tried to peg Navid as the father, we couldn’t stand her. But as we grew older, she started to change and now we can’t imagine going on without her.
The past few seasons were full of shock. It made us double take and think “Did that really just happen?” Naomi ran into Max’ wedding and called it off. Teddy came out of the closet. Vanessa falling off the balcony. Teddy and Silver having a baby. Annie becoming an escort. All of these things shaped the cast and the way we ended our journey with them.
Although we may have joked about how almost every cast member dated one another, the 90210 writers touched on some real social issues. We had the rape story line with Naomi and her teacher reached out to fans that may have been struggling with the same issue. There was sexual harassment, addiction, lying, and the gay story line. All these connected with fans and were used as helpful advice in their lives.90210 gave so many memories that will continue into our lives.
On the final episode of 90210, we’re brought to the theatre where the stage collapsed. The excruciating wait of finding out who is injured is finally over. Navid, Annie and Dixon all made it out alive, but where’s Adrianna?
Navid plays the knight in shining armor and goes to find Ade. After climbing through the rubble, he finds her stuck under debris. While both Navid and Adrianna are stuck under the pieces of the theater, life is still going on outside of them.
Just like any other Naomi relationship, Naomi and Jordan break-up and then get back together within hours. She begs to have a “normal” relationship where they can just jump on a private jet and go to Cabo whenever they feel like it. The only problem is his mother still stands in the way. In an attempt to clear her name, she throws a rescue relief with the Goo Goo Dolls performing, but still that doesn’t cut it. She finally settles with selling her “Night With Prince Harry” story to the Examiner, and it does more good than she could have ever imagined. Doing this, Jordan’s mom is in debt to her and let’s her be with Jordan.
Ade calls Silver from the rubble and apologizes for everything that she’s done. They both realize that no matter what, they’ll always be there for each other. Silver keeps her cancer news quiet, but ends up spilling to Dixon and decides that she needs to take care of it if she wants to go on with her life.
Liam and his girlfriend are awkward throughout the whole episode and she realizes that Liam isn’t really in love with her. His fresh start may not be in Australia. When Annie starts to go to Paris, Liam realizes that he can’t go on without her. He chases her plane down with his motorcycle and tells her that what they have is worth it and that he’s in love with her. Their engagement is sent out throughout the group of friends via text message and everyone goes crazy with excitement.
Before the final episode fades out and the ending credits are played, we find out that Ade and Navid will have a future and grow old together. “It’s never over, it’s always just the beginning.”
And then just like that it’s over. No more Monday night episodes, no more sappy love stories or back stabbing bitches. That’s the end of 90210, until the next spinoff. We at CraveYou TV will miss the series, and hope all the best for the writers and actors in their future endeavors.
90210: Series Finale Predictions
Long gone are the days of 90210. Reality has set in and the realization that there are two more days until the last 90210 episode ever. This calls for a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey and a bottle of wine. Five years of watching faithfully each Monday and growing older with the cast is finally coming to a close.
I’m sure you are all wondering how the CW’s writers are going to tie up so much story that has been thrown at us the past few weeks, but no worries we at CraveYou TV have a few predictions of what we see happening in the final episode.
- “Lannie” will survive! Liam and Annie are going to end up together, it has to happen. That gorgeous ring has to make an appearance and when it does it needs to land right on Annie’s left hand.
- Michaela and Dixon were perfect for each other the moment he started taking her to doctor’s appointments. Michaela will realize that Dixon will always be there for her and she’ll come back running into his arms.
- Dixon’s record label is going to sky rocket after the accident. His war will Adrianna will end the moment he realizes he really cares about her and he’s going to sing her to his label.
- Ade and Navid are timeless. No matter what happens, they always find their way back to each other. There’s no way Adrianna is going to die before it all ends. It just can’t happen. The accident is going to bring everyone together and make them realize how close they all are.
- Teddy. Oh Teddy. He’s going to realize that he’s not in love with Shane, that’s why he’s been putting him off all this time. He’s really in love with Silver. It makes sense too, because he was so adamant to help her have her baby.
- Naomi is where we get stuck. She’s flown through so many guys these last couple seasons that we don’t know where to start. Max doesn’t deserve to come back into Naomi’s life after he left her and Jordan has too much baggage. His conniving mother and sister have made Naomi’s life this past season hell.
What do you think is going to happen this Monday? Tune in at 7/8c on the CW to close this chapter of 90210.
…Until we’re fifty and it’s brought back and remade. 🙂
90210: Scandal Royale (5×21)
The last episode ended with Jordan getting orders from him mother never to see Naomi again. This carries into this week’s episode where Naomi finds that in exchange for getting her brother Mark out of jail, Jordan had to leave his publishing company and Naomi.
Liam is still in dreamland, where he thinks life is going to be perfect if he moves to Australia with his new girlfriend. But before he leaves, he wants to sell the Off Shore. Annie offers to buy it and after going through a box of keepsakes where he finds their engagement ring, he realizes he still loves her.
Adrianna and Navid come back to reality and realize the repercussions from their relationship. Michaela is missing and if they don’t find her Dixon’s career as a record label will be over. When Adriana offers to sing the song, Silver’s claws come out.
Soon enough Michaela is found, but another twist to the story is unfolded. Silver’s baby no longer has a heart beat. Michaela found out at her last doctor’s appointment, but didn’t know how to tell Silver.
The finals moments of the episode could be life changing. The burning set is collapsing around Adrianna, Annie rushes towards the flames and her friend, Liam is on her way to find Annie and Silver is put in an MRI. What will become of next week? Will Ade make it out alive? Will Annie and Liam get back together? What about Silver, will her cancer return?
Let us know your thoughts and predictions in the comment section. Tune in next week for our recap of We All Fall Down (5 x 22)!
Coffee Table News2 weeks ago
2021-2022 Fall TV Premiere Dates: When Are Your Favorite NBC, Fox, CBS, The CW, and ABC Shows Returning?
Brooklyn Nine-Nine2 weeks ago
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Series Finale Review: The Last Day (8×09/8×10)
The Resident1 week ago
How Will ‘The Resident’ Write Off Nic?
Editorials1 week ago
The 2021 Emmy’s: A Night Dominated by the same Rotating Nominees: ‘The Crown,’ ‘Mare of Easttown,’ and ‘Ted Lasso’
Ordinary Joe1 week ago
Ordinary Joe Series Premiere Review – Way Leads on to Way (1×01)
Netflix2 weeks ago
WATCH: ‘YOU’ Season 3 Trailer Proves Joe and Love Are More Dangerous Than Ever
Featured3 weeks ago
Disney+ Announces ‘Hallowstream’ Lineup – See the Full List of Movies and Shows
Supergirl3 weeks ago
Supergirl Review – Still I Rise (6×10)