After season 3 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, it’s hard to believe that the Netflix series exists in the world as The CW’s Riverdale.
Sabrina Spellman’s town of Greendale borders the “murder capital of the world,” Riverdale and is split by Sweetwater River.
But it’s easy to forget that the shows are “cut from the same cloth” amidst all the magic, satanic rituals, and time loops that have defined the third season, which is why the series made several attempts to remind you, with the lead character even stepping for into Riverdale all-too-briefly.
In fact, Riverdale is much closer in proximity than previously imagined, which almost lends itself to that rumored crossover episode.
Fans of the shows have either pushed for the crossover or voiced their distaste with the idea, but if crafted tastefully, I think Betty Cooper and Sabrina Spellman might make a very dynamic duo. Or maybe a cheer-off between Brina’s Ravenette’s and Cheryl’s Vixens? We’re just throwing out a few ideas, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa.
Season 3 finds Sabrina on a few quests, but most of them are fueled by her desire to smash the patriarchy, which we can also see the Riverdale ladies getting behind. It’s what Veronica works against nearly every day of her life!
Here are all the Riverdale Easter-eggs found in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina:
- As Sabrina embarks on a quest to find the Unholy Regalia in an effort to defeat her title as Queen of Hell and beat Prince Caliban (made of clay), she and Ambrose cross over to Riverdale for the first time to visit a maple tree at the Blossom Maple Farms said to be hiding Herod’s crown. Yes, the same farm owned by Cheryl Blossom and her unhinged fam! find Herod’s crown in Riverdale. When they cut down the tree to remove said crown, it’s drenched in Riverdale’s gooey specialty — maple syrup.
- On their way into town, a “Welcome to Riverdale” sign greeted them, and the back of the sign included graffiti phrases “murder capital of the world,” “SSS (for Southside Serpents), and “Jughead Wuz Here,” with a small crown.
- After being cursed by the Pagan witches, Hilda begins her transformation into a spider. (Spider fans, look away!) She tells Mr. Cee, her fiancee, that she’s starving and would love a juicy burger and a milkshake from the best burger joint in town, which is conveniently located in Riverdale. Fans of The CW series know she’s referring to Pop’s Chock’lit Shoppe and have no objections about it being the best. If it’s good enough for Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica, it’s good enough for the Spellman’s.
- While Mr. Cee is out on his burger run, a Southside Serpent (one we’ve never seen before, but it’s fine) wanders into Cerberus Books looking for a bite to eat. Little does he know he’s about to become the meal instead. Hilda’s spidery-persona swoops him up and all we see is blood gushing down. Serpent down.
- The best was an appearance from Penelope Blossom herself, though, guest star Nathalie Boltt didn’t appear as the Riverdale character. Instead, she portrayed a New Orleans woman named Miss Dubois, who was Prudence’s disguise, known as a glamour, while on her hunt to kill her father Faustus Blackwood. However, Faustus was playing the same game and was hiding under a glamour as a member of the Judas Society. It’s unclear why Riverdale chose to feature Boltt in this scene and not a different actress that doesn’t have a connection with this town, but maybe it means Prudence and Ambrose spent some time in Riverdale prior to their trip to New Orleans?
- A few of the faces making their mark on season 3 of CAOS have come from Riverdale. You may recognize newcomer Jonathan Whitesell who plays Robin Goodfellow, a Pagan witch and Theodore’s new BF, as Kurtz from Riverdale’s third season. Matty Finochio, who plays the creepy ice cream truck owner that Sabrina drags to Hell, will appear on an upcoming episode of Riverdale as a quiz show host.
- CAOS isn’t the only one boasting crossovers. On the Riverdale Midseason Premiere, Betty was interviewing football players from neighboring towns to expose Stonewall Prep dangerous approach to the sport. One of the football players included Billy Marlin from Greendale who was also turned into a pig by the Pagan’s on CAOS.
Scariest Horror TV Shows to Watch for Friday the 13th
Happy Friday the 13th.
If you’re in the mood to get your mind off of reality (we can’t blame you, coronavirus coverage is dominating the Internet right now) and watch some scary TV shows, we have just the thing.
While horror used to be a big-screen format, it has found a home on small-screens with shows eager to push forward complex and psychological mysteries, apocalyptic themed-themes, classic slasher tropes, and, for good measure, old fashioned jump scares.
Check out our list of Friday the 13 TV shows to watch!
Forget Freddie, Jason, and Michael, Riverdale has the Black Hood, the Gargoyle King, and Edgar Evernever. Riverdale, a town best known by its nickname “murder capital of the world,” is filled with murder mysteries and serial killers, and you never know if what you’re watching is what’s really happening.
Haunting of House Hill – Netflix
There’s nothing scarier than moving into a creaky, old house with your five children. Add in that the house begins to have paranormal experiences that haunt the family simply looking to make a quick buck from a house-flip and you have one of the scariest shows on Netflix. Keep the lights on, you’ll need ‘em.
We hope you remember Ghostface because he’s back this time in a TV series adaptation of the horror film franchise. The MTV series centered around a brutal murder in Lakewood that stirs up memories of a crime spree from the past. The masked killer is out for blood and revenge and leads you on a fun and twisted game of whodunnit.
Your favorite sleuthing book detective has made her way to the small screen. Horseshoe Bay is a town plagued by unsettled and ghostly spirits, but one reigns supreme: Lucy Sable. The Seaqueen was murdered in 2000 and has become somewhat of an urban legend until Nancy and her friends, the Drew Crew, decided to solve her mysterious death when it intertwined with another, connected murder.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – Netflix
The series will leave you praising Satan! Sabrina Spellman lives on the other side of the Sweetwater River in Greendale, the neighboring town of Riverdale. Sabrina is a half-watch, half-mortal who finds herself fighting against dark forces from the occult that threatens her human world.
The Exorcist – FOX
If the film scared you, the series will give you nightmares. Angela Rance turns to Father Tomas Ortego, a church leader in Chicago, for help battling the evil emitting from inside their house and causing nightmares and psychotic breaks.
American Horror Story – FOX
The anthology series from Ryan Murphy finds each season diving into a new disturbing and gruesome storyline though the actors appear in multiple episodes as new characters. Many elements of the plot are pulled loosely from real events, which makes it even more terrifying. To help you get a general idea, “Murder House,” “Asylum,” “Coven,” “Freakshow,” and “Hotel” are all different seasons to indulge in… if you dare.
Black Mirror – Netflix
When I was a little girl, the Twilight Zone series terrified me, but Black Mirror amplifies the genre by “tapping into the collective unease about the modern world.” In short, it examines modern society through the lens of technology, and there’s nothing scarier than being hit with a dose of realism. Each episode is a stand-alone drama, so you don’t have to watch it all at once.
Tell Me A Story – CBS All Access
These aren’t the fairy tales you’re used to. The anthology series, hailing from The Vampire Diaries’ Kevin Williamson, is a dark and twisted take on your favorite fairy tales as they emphasize qualities like greed, lust, murder, and revenge. Season 1 digs into “Little Red Riding Hood,” “Three Little Pigs,” and “Hansel and Gretel,” while season 2 taps into “Beauty and the Beast,” “Sleeping Beauty” and “Cinderella.”
The Purge – FX
Based off a film of the same name, the TV series explores what happens to a society when murder and all crime becomes legal for a 12-hour period. Seemingly unconnected characters cross paths, but can they be trusted on Purge Night or are they all just playing the game?
Les Revenants (The Returned) – A&E Network
When a group of men, women, and children return home to their village, they’re met with confusion as they’ve been dead for several years. A series of murder coincide with their return that seem connected to a serial killer from the past.
Unholy and Hilarious Tweets That Perfectly Sum Up Season 3 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
The third season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina premiered on January 24 and Twitter had a lot to say about it.
From a dark Wizard of OZ journey to hell to a hot prince made of Clay to a carnival in town and more, here are the most hellish and hilarious tweets.
i love how it’s hell and it’s supposed to be scary and caliban is supposed to be this tough prince of hell yet his first scene is building a fuckin sand castle on a beach #ChillingAdventuresofSabrina pic.twitter.com/f6bQUnZUPV
— aiden (@darthvalyrian) January 25, 2020
Can we petition the Sabrina’s writing room to cut all that music for the next part. If they ain’t singing a lullaby spell,
I do not wanna hear it. All that cheering and fucking rock band shit. If I wanted that, I’d watch Riverdale
#SabrinaNetflix #ChillingAdventuresofSabrina pic.twitter.com/0aF5ziUNz1
— ♠️ℝ𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕞 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝🤨 (@wadingx) January 26, 2020
— Sarah (@sarahgdnt) January 24, 2020
*harvey, roz and theo rehearsing songs for the band*
— nati (@sthingspellman) January 24, 2020
Lilith: Behold the Queen, Sabrina Morningstar.
— خالد النعيمي (@alnaimi94) January 26, 2020
— inês (@badass_witches) January 25, 2020
when sabrina returns to save greendale
— ckye (@xockye) January 25, 2020
Sabrina: Riverdale is so big and scary
But you live in Greendale worshipping Satan, fighting ghosts and other demonic forces… pic.twitter.com/TGD4zpiSIs
— Sabrina the Teenage Bitch (@spaceboy_blues) January 26, 2020
— Jenna (@jenssulenssu) January 26, 2020
— Grace Barker (@Gracebarker94) January 26, 2020
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3 Trailer: Being The Queen of Hell is Hard Work
If you can’t contain your excitement for the season 3 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, join the club.
The new trailer for the series premiering on January 24 (soon) on Netflix introduces us to Sabrina: the Queen of Hell.
“You know what you have to do, Sabrina. Claim the throne,” a voice begins as Sabrina realizes she has to make the ultimate sacrifice to “save her precious Greendale” and her boyfriend, Nicholas Scratch, who sacrificed himself in season 2 to save his girl.
With the balance off in hell, heaven, and Earth, things are a little wonky yet also much darker than in previous seasons. There’s also new demons, cheerleading practice, and Sabrina wearing a lot of white colors.
“Hell’s under new management now,” Sabrina declares confidently.
Though, Sabrina’s decision doesn’t sit well with Aunt Zelda who informs her “being Queen of Hell” isn’t a summer job.
“You’re putting the whole coven in peril just so you can see your boyfriend.”
Watch the trailer above.
According to the Netflix synopsis: “Part Three finds Sabrina reeling from the harrowing events of Part Two. Though she defeated her father Lucifer, the Dark Lord remains trapped within the human prison of her beloved boyfriend, Nicholas Scratch.”
The series also put out this fun and twisted music video. It’s catchy — you’ve been warned.
Pretty Little Liars5 years ago
Pretty Little Liars- Oh What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me (5×19)
Good Girls11 months ago
Good Girls – Hunting Season (2×11)
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Coffee Table News6 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Jane The Virgin3 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Chicago P.D6 years ago
Chicago P.D- Stepping Stones (1×01)
Quantico4 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Grey's Anatomy7 years ago
Sandra Oh leaving Grey’s Anatomy