Fall TV season is upon us! Check out our list of top 5 shows, you need to tune into this season!
1. Gotham is going to be Fox’s new hit. The tale looks at some of the most iconic villains through the eyes of Detective James Gordon. It’s a time when there is no Batman, because the man who will become Batman, is just a young boy, who has lost his parents. It’s risky to do a Batman show, without Batman, but the lineup of villains and the backstory to one of our favorites heroes of all time, seems promising. It premieres Sept 22.
2. How To Get Away With Murder rounds out TGIT- Thank God It’s Thursday. Let’s be honest, Thursday is Shonda Rhimes night and it’s the beeeest night of television. Murder focuses on Professor Annalise Keating, a Criminal Law 101 professor at a prestigious Philadelphia university. She becomes intertwined in a murder scandal, along with her students. Scandal, murder, and mystery? Um, we’re in. Murder premieres Sept. 25 on ABC.
3. Jane the Virgin is really about a brilliant hotel receptionist and soon-to-be teacher, who finds out she’s pregnant after a mix up at the doctor’s office. Can you say artificial insemination? Becuase that’s the only explanation since Jane is a virgin, who values and treasures her virginity. Imagine the shock of waking up one day pregnant! It’s based off a Venezuelan telenovela, but it does have moment so charm. Plus, didn’t the title make you want to tune in?
4. Vampire be gone, because 2014 is all about kids with incurable diseases.. apparently. Red Band Society is about unruly kids, who are being mentored by adolescents. It’s set in a Los Angeles pediatric hospital. It’s a little bit Glee, a little bit The Breakfast Club, with a hint of The Fault in Our Stars. The whole story of the group of youngin’s and their mentors is told by Griffin Gluck, starring as a coma patient. Downfall of this show might be the fact that glamorizing kids with diseases isn’t something Hollywood should be proud of. Anyone who has ever been sick can tell you, it’s nothing like it’s portrayed on TV. But maybe the emotionally substantial moments will be enough to save it? It premiere Sept. 17 on Fox.
5. Another 2014 theme…. DC superheroes. Cause everyone needs a hero in these times. It’s a spinoff of Arrow, so it also already has quite a good amount of fans. Seeing his mother get murder (just like Batman) and his father wrongly accused, Barry Allen gets taken in by Detective West and his family. Hoping to find out what really happened to his mother, and clear his father, he stumbles upon an accelerator which causes an explosion and puts him in acoma. Nine months later, he wakes up with superhuman speed. But there are also other superhuman created in the explosion, and Allen becomes the Flash, protecting Central City.
That wraps up our Top 5 Must See Shows of the Fall. Here are our “Give it A Shot” nominations.
They have potential… but they also have potential to be super cliche and fail miserably. Only time will tell.
- There’s something so thrilling about summer affairs, right? Showtime’s The Affair is a provocative adult drama about two couples whose marriages are seriously put to the test by an affair. The series shows us the affair from all angles, and point of views, so it’s fun to make your own conclusion based on which character’s story you believe. West, is a novelist and father, who is happily married, until he falls into bed with a young waitress. Potential? Definitely. Especially with the Maura Tierney and Joshua Jackson. The tension is there. The story is there. But are the viewers there? It premieres Oct 12.
- The new Sherlock-Holmes-y inspired Forever has an immortal twist. But can the show stay immortal? Forever focuses on Dr. Henry Morgan, a gifted and intelligent medical examiner who happens to be immortal. He dies in the first episode, and somehow always returns naked, in water. He’s not sure if he can die, why he keeps coming back, and that’s why he studies the dead. He wants answers. It’s an interesting concept, but the execution is pretty bland compared to all the other good shows out this season. Do we even want to begin trying to solve the mystery? Do we want to get involved? It stars Ringer’s Ioan Gruffudd, which gives it a 50/50 chance and makes me skeptical, since I got involved last time and was left hanging! It premieres Sept 22.
Photo Credit: Gotham/FOX
Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ Will Continue Its Reign Until Season 6
Queen Elizabeth II’s reign is far from over.
Netflix’s critically acclaimed historical drama The Crown won’t be ending with season 5 after all.
The streaming giant’s UK social media platform announced the series is being extended by one more season so the sixth season will now serve as the final season.
“News from the palace: we can confirm there will be a sixth (and final) season of @TheCrownNetflix, in addition to the previously announced five,” the post read.
News from the palace: we can confirm there will be a sixth (and final) season of @TheCrownNetflix, in addition to the previously announced five!
— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) July 9, 2020
We can all thank the series creator and executive producer Peter Morgan or changing his mind.
“As we started to discuss the storylines for Series 5, it soon became clear that in order to do justice to the richness and complexity of the story we should go back to the original plan and do six seasons,” Morgan said per the streamer.
For those who were anticipating that the season might near present-day or even give us a straight-from-the-palace look at the Megxit drama, don’t get your hopes up. While season 5 will bring us into the 21st center, the EP said the additional season will allow the team to creatively explore the current period in greater detail.
This mean, Olivia Colman will stay on as the Queen for one more season before giving the crown over to Imelda Staunton (Professor Umbridge for you Harry Potter fans) for two seasons.
Colman took over from Claire Foy, who portrayed the younger version of the monarch.
Last week, it was announced that Lesley Manville will play Princess Margaret.
Since season 4 was able to complete production prior to the COVID-19 pandemic halting everything, there’s a huge chance it will air sometime later this year.
The fourth season begins the reign of Princess Diana and will welcome newcomer Emma Corrin in the role of Prince Charles’ wife.
Joseph Morgan Reveals If He’d Ever Reprise His Character Klaus Mikealson for ‘Legacies’
If you’ve been waiting for the day where Klaus Mikealson strolls back into Mystic Falls to pay his daughter, Hope Mikealson, and the Salvatore School — which he helped fund — a visit, well, don’t get your hopes up.
The first two seasons of Legacies have given us some grade-A guest stars from The Vampire Diaries and The Originals including Aunt Freya (Riley Voekel), Kai Parker (Chris Wood), and Matt Donovan (Zach Roerig). We even briefly saw Lizzie and Josie Saltzman’s birth mother Josette (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe).
But as for baddie Klaus Mikealson, the man who brought him to life, Joseph Morgan, doesn’t think he’ll ever reprise his role again.
And turns out, he has a really good reason!
TV Guide caught up with the actor to talk about his Peacock show, Brave New World, and when asked about guest starring on The CW teen drama, he bluntly and rapidly shut down the possibility.
“No never, never. You’re never going to see it.” Morgan said. “You can hold your breath as long as you want. You know why? I have The Originals box set on my shelf, and it’s a beautiful thing because it’s five DVD sets that are a complete story from beginning to end of this guy, Klaus Mikaelson — well, starting back in The Vampire Diaries Season 2. So I just feel like to come back as a ghost or a flashback or something, for me, that journey, that story has ended. That’s the complete story, and it just doesn’t feel right to me to do that.”
As much as we’d like to see Klaus in the flesh again, you have to admit that’s a satisfactory answer. It shows that Morgan cares enough about the character not to reprise him without a purpose or taint his legacy.
Klaus Mikealson’s story came to a fitting end in the series finale of The Originals when he redeemed himself for the greater good and sacrificed himself alongside his brother Elijah to save his daughter. Since then, Hope has carried on his legacy; his memory lives on as she mentions him pretty often and channels what he taught her to protect her friends and fight off a plethora of demons and monsters.
Morgan added that he felt like series creator Julie Plec understood where he was coming from.
“I think Julie [Plec] feels the same. It just feels like it would be strange, like a little forced,” Morgan continued. “Like I’m coming back just so we can see something else of him, but when we see it we go, ‘Ugh, that was it?’ And I don’t want his legacy to be, ‘Ugh.’ I don’t know what the scene could be that it would be exciting enough and epic enough after the journey that he’s had.”
Morgan may get a pass, but Candace Accola surely doesn’t. We’d love to see her reprise her role of Caroline Forbes considering she’s raising two daughters with Alaric but has yet to pay them a visit or help out with the school! Don’t let us down, Caroline!
The fact that she is still alive in the supernatural world and has such close ties to Mystic Falls but yet never comes to visit doesn’t paint her in a great light!
Former ‘Glee’ Actress Naya Rivera Presumed Dead, Search Considered ‘Recovery Effort’
Update: 7/9 – 6:45 pm
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department said that Naya Rivera is “presumed dead” as she’s been missing for over 24 hours. The search has shifted from a “rescue mission” to a “recovery mission.”
Multiple teams of professional search & rescue personnel are actively searching Lake Piru for clues to the location of Naya Rivera. With over 80 people involved in the search right now, we are using helicopters, boats, ATV vehicles, and ground personnel to try and locate her. pic.twitter.com/o2bN5sQFms
— Ventura Co. Sheriff (@VENTURASHERIFF) July 9, 2020
7/9 – 8:54 am
The search for Naya Rivera continues today after authorities and news publications revealed she went missing on a lake in Southern California.
The former Glee actress was reported missing from Lake Piru in Ventura County.
The search for Naya Rivera will continue this morning at Lake Piru. The lake will be closed to the public while search operations continue. Dive teams from throughout the region will be assisting us through mutual aid. @VCAirUnit @Cal_OES @fillmoresheriff pic.twitter.com/q6LsHd8xaT
— Ventura Co. Sheriff (@VENTURASHERIFF) July 9, 2020
Rescue efforts were said to be resumed at “first light.”
CBS said she is “presumed drowned.”
CNN notes she rented a pontoon boat with her 4-year-old son, Josey Dorsey, earlier that day. About three hours after they left the dock, another boater found the boat drifting with a child sleeping aboard.
The child was unharmed and is being reunited with his family.
He told investigators that he went swimming with his mother, but she wasn’t able to get back to the boat. It is not clear how the child got back into the boat.
Rivera played Santana Lopez on the FOX musical drama for the entire six season run starting in 2009.
The day before the accident, Rivera posted a sweet photo with her son alongside the caption, “just the two of us.”
Earlier this week, Rivera posted a photo on Instagram writing: “no matter the year, circumstance, or strifes everyday you’re alive is a blessing. make the most of today and every day you are given. tomorrow is not promised.”
Friends and former cast members took to social media to pray for Rivera’s safe return.
Demi Lovato, who played a love interested for Rivera’s Glee character, wrote, “Please pray for @nayarivera to be found safe and sound.”
Victoria Justice wrote, “Praying for Naya 🙏🙏🙏.”
Fellow Glee actress Vanessa Lengies wrote, “I love her. I love you. Holding you tight. 🙏”
This story is developing.
Netflix1 week ago
Is Season 5 of ‘Money Heist’ Happening? Everything We Know
Editorials2 weeks ago
How to Watch ‘Hamilton’ on Disney+ this Fourth of July
Doom Patrol1 week ago
Doom Patrol Review – ‘Who You Gonna Call?’ Sex Busters? (2×04)
Netflix2 weeks ago
Netflix Documentary ‘Athlete A’ Review – A Difficult But Important Story
The 1002 weeks ago
The 100 Review- From The Ashes, He Did Rise (7×07)
Harley Quinn2 weeks ago
Harley Quinn Review – True Romance (2×13)
The Bold Type1 week ago
The Bold Type Review – Sutton and Richard Disagree on the Future, Kat Learns Ava’s Secret (4×14)
Editorials2 weeks ago
7 Reasons Why We Love Fallon Carrington on ‘Dynasty’