I promised to write down a little breakdown of what we can see starting Fall for the pilots, as I was a little thrown off that The CW was turning into Sci-Fi on prime time.
- The 100
- Directed by Bharat Nalluri (Emily Owens M.D) so based on the director, the show already has a 50/50 shot at surviving (you know since Emily Owens flopped.)
- Starring: Eliza Taylor (Neighbors,) Eli Goree (Emily Owens, M.D.), Henry Ian Cusick (Lost), Marie Avgeropoulos (Cult), Paige Turco (Person of Interest), Isaiah Washington (Grey’s Anatomy), Kelly Hu (Arrow), Thomas McDonell (Suburgatory), Christopher Larkin
- The show is based on a book by Kass Morgan (which usually means the show will do well) in this post-apocalyptic thriller. Basically, 97 years ago a spaceship left the earth with 100 people, actually juvenile delinquints, back to earth in an attempt to re-colonize after a nuclear war emerged. Already, I can see how this could be interesting and potentially an idea that hasn’t hit the TV waves yet. The CW has good track records with supernatural shows and this one looks promising, especially when the pilot was written by a writer from the series Chuck.
- Michael Weston (House), Johnny Simmons (The Perks of Being a Wallflower), Elizabeth Marvel (Person of Interest)
- Not much said yet about the drama, except that it will be funny and quirky. One the of family members ends up in a coma-like state where he can hear and see everything. Alright, not seeing the humor after that short description nor am I finding coma’s funny. I mean this has happened in shows before, people wondering if the person in a coma can hear them or whatever? How can this be a one hour enticing drama? I doubt the success of this one completely.
- Company Town
- Gage Golightly (Teen Wolf), Stella Maeve (Golden Boy), Maya Kazan, Merle Dandridge (Sons of Anarchy), Arjun Gupta (Nurse Jackie), Dondre Whitfield (The Event),
- A scandal erupts at a naval base and two best friends are suddenly split apart and kept apart because of the military divide on two different sides of town. Alright I see how the military and navy can make a show and how this could create some tension for a couple of episodes, but it needs to be backed up with a very strong storyline.
- The Originals
- I don’t think I have to elaborate. Vampire Diaries spin off following the likes of the originals Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah when they return to New Orleans and run into Klaus’s protege Marcel. Could either be a huge hit or a huge miss, depending on what fans expect from the producers.
- Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Matt Lanter (90210), Malese Jow (The Vampire Diaries), Titus Makin Jr. (Glee), Grey Damon (The Secret Circle), Natalie Hall (Pretty Little Liars), Chelsea Gilligan, Greg Finley (The Secret Life of the American Teenager), guest star/recurring Maggie Elizabeth Jones (Ben and Kate)
- Great cast. A lot of recycled CW cast members from Cancelled shows and series ended shows. Its kind of a romance love story like Twilight only between a mortal and an alien, who comes to earth with eight other aliens. The other aliens who came to earth previously have all been imprisoned. I’m assuming amongst the love story these nine aliens referred to as The Orion 9, will do everything to free their fellow alien friends. Yeah, aliens. Not digging it.
- Adelaide Kane (Neighbours), Toby Regbo, Celina Sinden, Jenessa Grant, Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables), Anna Popplewell (The Chronicles of Narnia), Rossif Sutherland
- Well, the cast isn’t exciting and neither is this plot line. It follows Mary Queen of Scots arriving to France as a 15-year-old, with her ladies in waiting and has something to do with the history, sexual intrigue, bad and good people. Basically a younger version of the movie Elizabeth. Yet, in a time where Downton Abbey on PBS is actually getting a lot of viewers, maybe this is the CW’s attempt at a “classical piece” with a young twist.
- The Selection
- Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Louise Lombard (CSI), Sean Patrick Thomas (Save the Last Dance), Peta Sergeant,
- 300 years in the future, and based on a book, a poor young girl is chosen by a lottery to be in a competition to be a queen of war-torn territory. I don’t know about you but it sounds like Hunger Games and what really irritates me is repetition. Sure, TVD sounded like Twilight and it was better and really successful, but this, this could go either of both ways. The cast is also mediocre.
- The Tomorrow People
- Peyton List (Mad Men), Luke Mitchell (Home and Away), Robbie Amell (Revenge), Mark Pellegrino (Lost)
- Based on a 1970’s UK series, it brings together 7 people with superhuman powers to fight evil. Yep, I have absolutely nothing to say.
The rest of this list only consists of pilot drama’s I think will probably be successful on prime time. I don’t mention all of them cause some of them are just really stupid. I also only talk abut drama’s and not the comedy, although it looks like comedy will be very prominent next fall.
- Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives), Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace), Michael Stahl-David (My Generation), Patrick Heusinger (Royal Pains), Rosa Salazar (Parenthood)
- Really good lineup and the plot even in just a few short words is really catchy. It follows the daily life of people, a family business. The business? Assassins for the U.S goverment. Now who doesn’t want to watch that??
- Emma Roberts (Scream 4), Billy Campbell (The Killing), Daren Kagasoff (Secret Life of the American Teenager), Corey Reynolds (The Closer), Gregg Sulkin (Pretty Little Liars), Jeanine Mason (Bunheads), Michael Michele (ER), Melinda McGraw (Men of a Certain Age)
- Okay, this I know will be good just because its a best selling book and it has the potential of PLL. Although I’m not quite sure if Fox is the best home for the drama, it’ll definitely bring them a younger audience and keep them in the competition with ABC Family. I must say I’m excited. The plot focuses on love being illegal, but can be eradicated with a procedure. With 95 days leading up to her procedure, the main character falls in love. What this has is potential, a strong story and the ability to make it last for consecutive seasons.
- The List
- Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl), Tamsin Egerton (Camelot), Hilarie Burton (White Collar, One Tree Hill)
- Only because anything with P.Sawyer from One Tree Hill is totally worth it in my book.When members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed, US marshal leads a case to find who stole the file. A mystery? All aboard the mystery express!
- Sleepy Hollow
- Orlando Jones (MADtv), Katia Winter (Dexter), Nicole Beharie (The Good Wife), Tom Mison (Parade’s End), guest star John Cho (Go On)
- The plot description is literally one sentence;A modern-day supernatural thriller based on the legend of the titular Westchester Country, N.Y. town. Yes I do realize its supernatural, but come on sleepy hollow. It has no choice but to be promising and enticing, right? Original is a horror directed by Tim Burton. I doubt someone would create it if they weren’t going to do it justice.
- After Hours
- Jill Flint (Royal Pains), Brigid Brannagh (Army Wives), Ken Leung (Lost), Freddy Rodriguez (Six Feet Under), Brendan Fehr (Roswell) and Jeananne Goossen (Alcatraz)
- Follows a team of doctors and nurses working the graveyard shift in the ER at San Antonio Medical Center. So I’m going to go with a mix of E.R, Grey’s and Desperate Housewives. I’d say its golden. Anything to do with doctors and nurses and a splash of drama or murder mystery is solid for lie 8 seasons.
- Kyle MacLachlan (Desperate Housewives), Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin (Savages), Delroy Lindo (The Chicago Code), Jamie Chung (Once Upon a Time), Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil), Arian Moayed (The Following
- Follows an unlikely relationship between a gifted young girl and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power. Alright the casting is great, the writers (J.J Abrams Lost/ Alcatraz) are pretty good, but you know it’ll be heavily serialized. With J.J its always either a hit or a miss, nothing in between. This already has supernatural written all over it and what powers could she have? But see, it already has me wondering.
- The Blacklist
- James Spader (The Office), Megan Boone (Law & Order: LA), Ryan Eggold (90210), Diego Klattenhoff (Homeland), Harry Lennix (Dollhouse)
- The world’s most wanted criminal suddenly turns himself in and offers to give up anyone he’s ever worked with. The catch: He’ll only work with a new FBI agent, one with whom he has no known connection. Alright, so he knows everyone in the world, I’m guessing and this will be a thriller in some twisted but totally worth the watch way. I’m getting hooked. As long as they can keep all the characters in check without weaving the web too far.
- I Am Victor
- John Stamos (The New Normal, Glee), Megan Dodds (CSI:NY), Matthew Lillard (Scream), Terry Kinney (Oz), Lorenza Izzo (Hemlock Grove), McKaley Miller (Hart of Dixie), Josh Zuckerman (90210)
- As much as I want to be game for anything Uncle Jessie, I just can’t do this really sad pilot description. Really, a show about a divorce lawyer who has a unique view of relationships? What X-ray vision??
- No cast just yet.
- The project will use Lewis Carroll’s 1865 novel as a point of origin, but will be built around a new character named Clara. Alice will have assumed the role of Wonderland’s evil queen, and thus will be the woman Clara wages war against. I’m intrigued. Alice the little blonde-y becomes evil and everything breaks loose. Definitely an attempt to catch up to Once Upon A Time and I see the success already.
- Big Thunder
- Ed MacLiam (EastEnders), Pierce Gagnon (One Tree Hill), Ana De La Reguera (Eastbound & Down), Zahn McClarnon, Alex Hassell, Alex Meraz, Ruth Bradley, Spencer Locke
- Sold because of Pierce Gagnon, but in all honestly I think this plot sounds interesting and a little different than everything we’ve seen thus far.A late 19th century New York doctor and his family relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon. Unfortunately, they quickly realize that not everything in the titular city is as it seems. (Inspired by the Disney Parks ride Thunder Mountain Railroad.) Plus Melissa Rosenberg has been writing and although she’s got a bad rep cause of Twilight, I’ll stick up for her.
- Raza Jaffrey (Smash), Chris Egan (Kings), Tom Ellis (Merlin), Janet Montgomery (Jersey Girl), Tracie Thoms (Cold Case), Emma Booth (Underbelly), Seth Gabel (Fringe), Melissa George (Hunted, Alias)
- A modern-day Gothic soap that weaves together the mythologies of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, among others. Honestly, modern and gothic do not go well together. This sounds disastrous.
- Once Upon A Time In Wonderland
- Sophie Lowe, Peter Gadiot, Michael Socha (the UK’s Being Human), Emma Rigby (Hollyoaks)
- The presentation/potential spin-off features Wonderland both post- and pre-curse. Wait what? More Once Upon A Time? Is ABC merging with NBC on this one? Like I said when to much is overdone, it becomes boring and therefore less viewers tune in.
- The Returned
- Omar Epps (House), Kurtwood Smith (That ’70s Show), Devin Kelley (Covert Affairs), Frances Fisher, Samaire Armstrong (The Mentalist)
- The potential series asks the provocative question, “What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day’s gone by? The lives of the people of Arcadia are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return.” I say yes only cause that question really made my brain churn and I started imagining and I got tweaked out. So yes, go for it ABC. Give it a whirl!
- Jennifer Beals (The L Word), Odette Annable (House), Luke Bracey (Home and Away), Bruce Greenwood (The River), Michael Graziadei (The Young and the Restless), Lincoln Lewis (Home and Away), Dean Winters (30 Rock)
- The Romeo and Juliet-esque soap focuses on two rival families living in “California’s most seductive ‘city,’” and the forbidden and dangerous romance that emerges between them. All I can say is, I love me some California and some Romeo and Juliet.
- The Ordained
- Nestor Serrano (Blue Bloods, Dexter), Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire), Jorge Garcia (Lost), Audra McDonald (Private Practice), Emmanuelle Chriqui (The Mentalist), Sam Neill (Alcatraz), Hope Davis (In Treatment)
- The son of a Kennedy-esque family leaves the priesthood and becomes a lawyer to prevent his politician sister from being assassinated. Awesome cast lineup and the storyline seems fresh and promising. Sold.
I used the help of http://tvline.com/2013/01/24/pilot-season-abc-cbs-cw-fox-nbc-2013-2014/4/ for all of this information. Give credit where its due, I just put in my two cents!!!
‘Money Heist’ Wraps Production on Season 5 – When Will It Premiere?
Netflix is gearing up for one final heist.
Spanish-language series La Casa de Papel, also known as Money Heist, has wrapped production on season 5.
The series made the announcement on social media, writing: “What started as a heist, ended as a family.”
What started as a heist, ended as a family.
It’s a wrap on Part 5 of La Casa de Papel / Money Heist.
Thank you to all the fans for being part of La Resistencia! We can’t wait to show you how this story ends. pic.twitter.com/ey2TuEZENh
— Netflix (@netflix) May 14, 2021
Production resumed on the fifth and final season last August after a delay due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The upcoming season will star Úrsula Coberó (Tokyo), Álvaro Morte (The Professor), Itziar Ituño (Lisbon), Pedro Alonso (Berlin), Miguel Herrán (Rio), Jaime Lorente (Denver), Esther Acebo (Stockholm), Enrique Arce (Arturo), Darko Peric (Helsinki), Hovik Keuchkerian (Bogotá), Luka Peros (Marseille), Belén Cuesta (Manila), Fernando Cayo (Coronel Tamayo), Rodrigo de la Serna (Palermo), Najwa Nimri (Inspector Sierra), and José Manuel Poga (Gandía).
Many of the cast members shared touching messages on social media thanking fans for their love and support ahead of the final season.
It’s unclear when the series will premiere, but fans are hoping it’s sometime soon.
Elite, another hit Spanish series, returns for its fourth season on June 18th. I doubt the shows would want to compete with each other, so my guess is LCDP may premiere in August or September.
We can’t wait to see how it all ends.
‘iCarly’ Revival Reveals Summer Premiere Date at Paramount+
Your summer just got better. Why? Because iCarly is making a comeback!
On her birthday, Miranda Cosgrove — with the help of the iCarly cast, including stars Jerry Trainor and Nathan Kress — revealed that the new series will premiere on Thursday, June 17th exclusively on Paramount+.
The reveal was made on set, aided by singing and a sprinkle-covered explosion cake, which when cut into revealed the surprise announcement.
Per the press release, the first season will span 13 episodes.
It’s set to “pick up nearly 10 years after Nickelodeon’s original show ended and finds Carly Shay, the original influencer, and her friends navigating work, love and family in their twenties.”
The revival will also welcome two new cast members: Laci Mosley as Harper, Carly’s roommate and best friend, and Jaidyn Triplett as Millicent, Freddie’s snarky and social media-savvy stepdaughter.
‘Friends’ Reunion Finally Gets Premiere Date – See the Promo
Friends will always be there for you… even a year or so delayed.
The highly-anticipated reunion of the 90s sitcom has finally gotten a premiere date at HBO Max, and we couldn’t be more excited about it.
Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer, and Matthew Perry will officially reunite on Thursday, May 27, the streaming service announced.
The reunion will be an unscripted special that will look back at the immense success of the show, which ran from 1994 to 2004. It also marks the first time all of the cast members have been on-screen together since the show’s finale.
The reunion was originally slated to air in May 2020 with the launch of the HBO Max app, but it was postponed several times due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A year later, the excitement is just as real!
— HBO Max (@hbomax) May 13, 2021
There will also be a handful of celebrity cameos including David Beckham, Justin Bieber, BTS, James Corden, Cindy Crawford, Cara Delevingne, Lady Gaga, Elliott Gould, Kit Harington, Larry Hankin, Mindy Kaling, Thomas Lennon, Christina Pickles, Tom Selleck, James Michael Tyler, Maggie Wheeler, Reese Witherspoon and Malala Yousafzai, per TV Line.
Check out the sentimental teaser for the reunion below:
Editorials1 week ago
All the Baby Yoda Merch Every ‘Mandalorian’ Fan Needs
Manifest1 week ago
Manifest Double Episode Review – How Is Noah’s Ark Connected to Flight 828? (3×07 & 3×08)
TV Reviews5 days ago
Good Girls Review – Brother/Cousin (4×08)
Cruel Summer2 weeks ago
Cruel Summer – Victim or Villain? (1×03)
Younger1 week ago
Younger Review – Raise the Flag (7×07)
Legacies1 week ago
Legacies Review – Hope Turns Into a Monster (3×11)
Debris3 weeks ago
Debris Review – Do You Know Icarus (1×09)
TV Reviews2 weeks ago
Good Girls Review – You Blew It, Carolyn (4×07)