We have a full 2-hour series finale of Pretty Little Liars to get through tonight and while fans will finally find out who the twisted, mysterious and sociopathic A.D is, there’s a popular fan theory circulating the internet right now – Spencer’s evil twin sister.
I’ve been down this “who is A.D” avenue one to many times and have failed to come up with anything plausible or satisfactory but I can’t argue with the facts here.
Since the series strayed so far from the books, it would make sense that Marlene would want to honor them some way and involve a twin.
We initially thought that Marlene King swapped out “twin” for “transgender sister” but maybe that’s just what she needed to get us off the right path.
And really, once you see all the evidence, including all of the discrepancies in Spencer’s outfits, moods and watches, you’ll have a hard time arguing a different theory.
- Twins run in the family with Mary and Jessica being identical. Mary is Spencer’s mother but she also reportedly gave birth to two babies in Radley. We initially assumed it was Charlotte but what if there was another child? This is definitely possible with the revelation that Pastor Ted is Charlotte’s biological father. If there were “babies” it would have both been by Peter Hastings….
- Spencer was born in Radley and then spent some time there so it makes sense she’d have a strong connection with it. That would explain the dancing scene with guest star Maddie Ziegler. She was hallucinating a twin moment and remembering the time she spent in that room.
- Marlene said that they would make it so that fans could figure it out before the finale. At this point, all signs point to a second Spencer and many fans are jumping on the bandwagon.
- Keegan Allen, who plays Toby, said that there would not be another Spoby kiss in season 7 yet it happened…. we all saw it. Unless, that wasn’t Spencer. It did feel a little out of character for Spence to just jump his bones right after his wife died. Then Toby may have foreshadowed this by stating “that’s not the Spencer I know.”
- In fact, Spencer has been a lot more flirtatious this season. Just think of how she played Marco and how she had a fling with Caleb, despite him being Hannah’s ex! And even after she found out they were married, she still told him “not to forget any of it because she wouldn’t.” Really girl?
- When Hannah is abducted, she has a vision or some hallucination of Spencer telling her that “If AD can come in and out of here you can too.” We hadn’t heard the name AD yet so how would she have know that? This could have been the twin. Mary also sings the same song to Spencer that Spencer sang to Hannah.
- Some say the twin is actually Bethany Young and this would bring her back into the equation since we never had any closure on her. Maybe she isn’t dead and buried in Ali’s grave, maybe she’s ACTUALLY the twin who has been running this whole operation.
- If we were to believe Bethany is Spencer’s twin, that would explain why Peter Hasting’s didn’t want Toby to dig deeper into his mother’s death. Remember that Bethany allegedly killed Marion Cavanaugh and if Toby got more info, he would have pieced together her identity.
- Jessica DiLaurentis reportedly took Bethany on trips when she was in Radley and made her call her “Aunt Jessie.” That would only make sense if she was Mary Drake’s daughter, thus Spencer’s twin. Plus we know they would go to the stables and Spencer loves horses.
- A twin would definitely explain that bizarre moment with Spencer, Wren and Ezra at the airport. Spencer was acting really shady and even asked Ezra not to mention it to the girls. We then never found out why Wren was just “passing by” Rosewood but I doubt that’s a pit stop on the way from London. Maybe this wasn’t the real Spencer but the twin who may have been caught up.
- There’s one scene where Mary Drake looks at a picture of Spencer and Melissa and comments that they could be like “twins.” Another form of foreshadowing?
- Spencer’s mother once yells at her and says “it was like there were two Spencer’s living in this house, the Spencer we recognized and her evil twin and we never knew which one was coming down for breakfast.”
- Some say Spencer isn’t even in this season and the whole time, it’s been her twin. We meet Spencer again after a time jump, which means the twin could have kidnapped and locked the real Spencer up and taken over her life in an attempt to have real friends. In the series finale promo, we see Mary Drake sedating “Spencer,” which is odd because she’s supposed to be in jail and allegedly loves her daughter?
- Most of the series, if you think about it, circles around Ali and Spencer with season 7 focusing on the Hasting’s the most. There has to be a reason for it… and a reason why Melissa and Wren are suddenly back in town.
Debunking That Theory
Some say that the theory is pretty out there, even for PLL. I wouldn’t put anything past Marlene King considering the first A was Charlotte, the transgender daughter of Mary Drake, Jessica’s twin sister who actually dated her cousin briefly. I mean, that’s PRETTY twisted. Not to mention this is a world well cellphones burst into flames and Caleb can locate someone with a car key FOB. (Why not just use the new Snapchat map update bruh?!)
Let’s consider for a moment that the twin theory is too simple and expected. We know that A.D has a penchant for using masks that look very realistic, think Archer wearing a Detective Wilden mask to fool Ali into thinking she’s crazy. Maybe it will be a twin reveal of sorts but the real A.D will just be wearing a realistic Spencer mask.
If Spencer’s twin isn’t A.D, the only other option in my mind is Wren. Wren has also been involved in this madness since season 1 and his return only means trouble. Plus, he’s British and a doctor, just like Archer Dunhill and his father has had a history of mental illness. Maybe he spent so much time at Radley, he befriended Charlotte, got caught up in all the drama and carried out her game after she was killed?
Little Liars, tell me, what’s your A.D theory?! We’ll talk about how wrong we all were tomorrow.
The 2019 AMAS Were All About Statements and Nostalgia
“Less is more” was the takeaway of the 2019 American Music Awards.
The night celebrated the years most popular songs and artists, but it was the oldies that made the show resonate with audiences both inside the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles and watching worldwide.
There was plenty of nostalgia going around starting with Kesha’s first performance in 6 years that included her latest single “Raising Hell” but also her 2011 hit “Tik Tok.”
She was finally granted permission to sing her old songs following a public battle with Sony and producer Dr. Luke.
The crowd also had warm reactions to these oldies but goodies: “Green Day’s 1994 “Basket Case,” Toni Braxton’s 1996 “Unbreak My Heart,” and Shania Twain’s 1997 classic “I Feel Like a Woman.”
Plenty of statements were also made at the AMAs as artists proved that they were no longer afraid to stand up to the status quo.
The biggest statements of the night came from the three pop powerhouses, Taylor Swift, Halsey, and Kesha.
All three ladies aimed their jabs at the music industry.
Halsey’s powerful speech shaded the GRAMMY Awards following her absence from the nominees that were announced early last week.
“I am so thankful to the AMA’s because they are the world’s largest fan-voted awards show,” she said emphasizing the fan aspect.
Read the full review at TV Fanatic.
God Friended Me Sneak Peek Clip: Does Arthur Make the Right Decision?
Is the God Account pulling the strings for everyone in Miles’ life?
On God Friended Me Season 2 Episode 5, was tasked with decision that would alter the course of his future.
After Bishop Thompson resigned from the church leaving the position of Bishop of New York, the opportunity fell into the retired reverend’s lap.
Thompson suggested that Arthur was the only qualified person to fill the role.
The offer would have been a dream come true for Arthur just a few months ago when he and Thompson ran against each other. Obviously, Thompson one.
But since then, Arthur has taken a break from the church; he’s in a new phase in his life.
Being retired allows him time to play tennis and hang out with his soon-to-be-wife, Trish, who isn’t exactly thrilled to see him recommit to the church.
And still, Arthur continues to be drawn to it because it’s his destiny.
Therefore, this decision is momentous.
Does he listen to his fiance’s advice and pass or does he accept a position that he’s worked towards his whole life?
Luckily, TV Fanatic has an exclusive clip from God Friended Me, which revealed that Arthur doesn’t think twice about accepting this second chance.
Watch the clip HERE!
Dynasty’s Adam Huber on Liam’s Amnesia, #Falliam Future & That Kid Storyline
Adam Huber plays the uber dreamy Liam Ridley, the latest addition to the Dynasty cast.
Huber scored the title of series regular ahead of Dynasty Season 3.
But even without the coveted upgrade, the heartthrob has been a fan favorite since his debut on Dynasty Season 1 Episode 15, you know, the episode where he married Fallon, a complete stranger, on a whim.
Since then, Fallon and Liam have had a tumultuous yet epic relationship.
Nothing about their relationship has been conventional.
After they overcame a love triangle with Culhane, a messy situation with Liam’s uncle, a divorce, and Fallon’s attempts at winning him back from Ashley, it seemed liked things were going to work out.
Fallon proposed to him on the Carrington lake, and despite losing the ring in the water, Liam still said ‘yes.”
But their happiness was short-lived when her tyrannical brother, Adam, clobbered Liam upside the head and locked him in the pool closet.
After regaining consciousness, Liam crawled over to the pool, fell in, and woke up with amnesia, which is where we left off when I spoke with Huber.
Huber dished about Liam’s amnesia, what’s next for their relationship, his possible revenge on Adam, and the storyline he’s dying like to explore.
Dynasty is back and with it returns all of that Carrington craziness!
Amidst all of that, you’ve been up to series regular. Congrats. Were you expecting it?
No, I honestly wasn’t.
There have been other people. Wakeema, whose on the show and plays Monica Colby. You know, me and her were kind of doing the same thing we were just recurring, and you kind of go until you book another show or they give you a contract.
And I was testing actually on another show, NYPD Blue is doing a reboot. I got very close to that. And right around the same time, they asked me to be a series regular.
So, you know, it worked out well. I wasn’t getting on PD Blue, so they had me a series regular. No, I was expecting it. I was just kind of chilling. I was just happy to be there.
It’s a great role to have.
Has the way you approach and prepare for the character changed now that he does have a deeper storyline and is so loved by audiences?
I have been putting, I think, more work into it. I mean, I’ve always put work into it, and definitely just trying to stay fresh and just trying to understand him.
We’re very similar, but we’re also different. You want to keep his story fresh. I have a journal that I do character journaling in.
I take what I know, and then just create a story around him.
Like, what was the relationship like with my dad? What is the relationship like with my uncle who is on the show played by C. Thomas Howell? And I do that with all the other people in his life. Does that make sense?
Pretty Little Liars5 years ago
Pretty Little Liars- Oh What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me (5×19)
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Good Girls7 months ago
Good Girls – Hunting Season (2×11)
Coffee Table News6 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Jane The Virgin3 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Baywatch Remake Ready For the Big-Screen
Quantico4 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Coffee Table News6 years ago
PLL Season 5- Extended Sneak Peek