We have a full 2-hour series finale of Pretty Little Liars to get through tonight and while fans will finally find out who the twisted, mysterious and sociopathic A.D is, there’s a popular fan theory circulating the internet right now – Spencer’s evil twin sister.
I’ve been down this “who is A.D” avenue one to many times and have failed to come up with anything plausible or satisfactory but I can’t argue with the facts here.
Since the series strayed so far from the books, it would make sense that Marlene would want to honor them some way and involve a twin.
We initially thought that Marlene King swapped out “twin” for “transgender sister” but maybe that’s just what she needed to get us off the right path.
And really, once you see all the evidence, including all of the discrepancies in Spencer’s outfits, moods and watches, you’ll have a hard time arguing a different theory.
- Twins run in the family with Mary and Jessica being identical. Mary is Spencer’s mother but she also reportedly gave birth to two babies in Radley. We initially assumed it was Charlotte but what if there was another child? This is definitely possible with the revelation that Pastor Ted is Charlotte’s biological father. If there were “babies” it would have both been by Peter Hastings….
- Spencer was born in Radley and then spent some time there so it makes sense she’d have a strong connection with it. That would explain the dancing scene with guest star Maddie Ziegler. She was hallucinating a twin moment and remembering the time she spent in that room.
- Marlene said that they would make it so that fans could figure it out before the finale. At this point, all signs point to a second Spencer and many fans are jumping on the bandwagon.
- Keegan Allen, who plays Toby, said that there would not be another Spoby kiss in season 7 yet it happened…. we all saw it. Unless, that wasn’t Spencer. It did feel a little out of character for Spence to just jump his bones right after his wife died. Then Toby may have foreshadowed this by stating “that’s not the Spencer I know.”
- In fact, Spencer has been a lot more flirtatious this season. Just think of how she played Marco and how she had a fling with Caleb, despite him being Hannah’s ex! And even after she found out they were married, she still told him “not to forget any of it because she wouldn’t.” Really girl?
- When Hannah is abducted, she has a vision or some hallucination of Spencer telling her that “If AD can come in and out of here you can too.” We hadn’t heard the name AD yet so how would she have know that? This could have been the twin. Mary also sings the same song to Spencer that Spencer sang to Hannah.
- Some say the twin is actually Bethany Young and this would bring her back into the equation since we never had any closure on her. Maybe she isn’t dead and buried in Ali’s grave, maybe she’s ACTUALLY the twin who has been running this whole operation.
- If we were to believe Bethany is Spencer’s twin, that would explain why Peter Hasting’s didn’t want Toby to dig deeper into his mother’s death. Remember that Bethany allegedly killed Marion Cavanaugh and if Toby got more info, he would have pieced together her identity.
- Jessica DiLaurentis reportedly took Bethany on trips when she was in Radley and made her call her “Aunt Jessie.” That would only make sense if she was Mary Drake’s daughter, thus Spencer’s twin. Plus we know they would go to the stables and Spencer loves horses.
- A twin would definitely explain that bizarre moment with Spencer, Wren and Ezra at the airport. Spencer was acting really shady and even asked Ezra not to mention it to the girls. We then never found out why Wren was just “passing by” Rosewood but I doubt that’s a pit stop on the way from London. Maybe this wasn’t the real Spencer but the twin who may have been caught up.
- There’s one scene where Mary Drake looks at a picture of Spencer and Melissa and comments that they could be like “twins.” Another form of foreshadowing?
- Spencer’s mother once yells at her and says “it was like there were two Spencer’s living in this house, the Spencer we recognized and her evil twin and we never knew which one was coming down for breakfast.”
- Some say Spencer isn’t even in this season and the whole time, it’s been her twin. We meet Spencer again after a time jump, which means the twin could have kidnapped and locked the real Spencer up and taken over her life in an attempt to have real friends. In the series finale promo, we see Mary Drake sedating “Spencer,” which is odd because she’s supposed to be in jail and allegedly loves her daughter?
- Most of the series, if you think about it, circles around Ali and Spencer with season 7 focusing on the Hasting’s the most. There has to be a reason for it… and a reason why Melissa and Wren are suddenly back in town.
Debunking That Theory
Some say that the theory is pretty out there, even for PLL. I wouldn’t put anything past Marlene King considering the first A was Charlotte, the transgender daughter of Mary Drake, Jessica’s twin sister who actually dated her cousin briefly. I mean, that’s PRETTY twisted. Not to mention this is a world well cellphones burst into flames and Caleb can locate someone with a car key FOB. (Why not just use the new Snapchat map update bruh?!)
Let’s consider for a moment that the twin theory is too simple and expected. We know that A.D has a penchant for using masks that look very realistic, think Archer wearing a Detective Wilden mask to fool Ali into thinking she’s crazy. Maybe it will be a twin reveal of sorts but the real A.D will just be wearing a realistic Spencer mask.
If Spencer’s twin isn’t A.D, the only other option in my mind is Wren. Wren has also been involved in this madness since season 1 and his return only means trouble. Plus, he’s British and a doctor, just like Archer Dunhill and his father has had a history of mental illness. Maybe he spent so much time at Radley, he befriended Charlotte, got caught up in all the drama and carried out her game after she was killed?
Little Liars, tell me, what’s your A.D theory?! We’ll talk about how wrong we all were tomorrow.
CW Spring Schedule—’Walker’ Premiere Date Announced, But Where Is ‘Superman & Lois’?
The CW is gearing up for its spring TV season—and April showers are clearly going to be bringing back many highly-anticipated shows by fans.
With plenty of CW originals going on the chopping block last year, two survivors, Walker and All American, finally have airdates for what will likely be their final seasons.
All American Season 6 will be gracing TV screens on Monday, April 1 at 8/7c (no, this isn’t an April Fools joke), as Walker returns with Season 4 on Wednesday, April 3!
Two surviving shows that are visibly absent from the lineup, however, are All American: Homecoming and Superman & Lois.
It’s unclear why the shows are being held back, but the hope is that they will now mark the network’s fall TV season.
As for new shows, Walker will be joined by crime drama Sight Unseen starring The Originals‘ Daniel Gillies.
There’s also no word on a second season for The CW’s Sullivan’s Crossing starring Chad Michael Murray, Scott Patterson and Morgan Kohan, though it seems the series will be debuting in April in Canada, so fingers cross a fall return is possibly stateside.
Here’s the full lineup for The CW spring 2024:
MONDAY, APRIL 1
8 pm All American (Season 6 premiere)
9 pm Lovers and Liars (series premiere)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3
8 pm Walker (Season 4 premiere)
9 pm Sight Unseen (series premiere)
THURSDAY, APRIL 11
8 pm Patti Stanger: The Matchmaker (series premiere)
9 pm Lovers and Liars (series premiere encore/time slot premiere)
FRIDAY, APRIL 26
8 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us
9 pm 100 Days to Indy (Season 2 premiere)
TUESDAY, APRIL 30
8 pm Police 24/7 (series premiere)
9 pm Hostage Rescue (series premiere)
It’s Happening—’Wizards of Waverly Place’ Is Getting a Sequel With Selena Gomez
In the words of the Wizards of Waverly Place theme song—yes, please.
Deadline exclusively reported that Disney is reviving its hit series, starring Selena Gomez. The network has ordered a pilot for a sequel to the teen show that ran from 2007 to 2012 on Disney Channel.
And there’s definitely something to be more excited about because it’s set to be executive-produced by original stars Gomez and on-screen brother David Henrie.
That’s not all! Gomez will reportedly guest star the pilot episode to reprise her iconic role as Alex Russo, while Henrie will be a series regular in the role of Justin Russo.
Rounding out the new cast will be Janice LeAnn Brown (Billie), Alkalio Thiele (Roman Russo), and Mimi Gianopulos (Giada) who will play Justin’s wife and kids.
The series, hailing from the writers and producers of Raven’s Home (another spinoff of an early Disney Channel show, That’s So Raven, that found a second life) Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, will kick off with a mysterious incident as WizTech, where Justin works after surrendering his wizard powers to lead a human life.
However, Billie soon arrives as a powerful young wizard seeking training and guidance, forcing Justin to get back to magic to save the Wizard World.
Henrie confirmed the news on social media, sharing a photo of the pilot episode and captioning it, “The Russo’s are excited to become a part of your family, once again, but we’ve grown 😊 2024, the year magic comes back! 🪄”
View this post on Instagram
Gomez also took to her Instagram Story to share a throwback photo with Henrie, writing, “We’re back.”
It’s unclear if other members of the original cast who played Justin’s parents and brother—Maria Canals-Barrera, David DeLuise, and Jake T. Austin—along with Alex’s bestie Jennifer Stone will reprise their roles.
But this is something worthy of celebration for all the millennials who grew up with the Russo family!
‘Roswell, New Mexico’ Star Jeanine Mason Shares Sweet Update From Wedding
Jeanine Mason is officially off the market!
The Roswell, New Mexico star, who announced her engagement back in March 2023, shared sweet wedding photos from her recent nuptials.
The So You Think You Can Dance champion is said to have married husband Nicholas late last year.
She shared two intimate photos on Instagram, one of the duo kissing after they seemingly exchanged “I do’s” as their guests looked on, along with a second shot of the two cozying up to each other on the subway.
“So many thank yous to come. But for now, just one to this unbelievable man. I love you husband,” the Upload actress captioned the post, which you can see right here.
Brides got more of the scoop on the newlyweds and their big day, noting that she and Nicholas met on a dating app and later exhaling vows on the stoop of their New York City home, which is also where he proposed.
“We thought, how fun would it be to bring our favorite people along for a weekend in our lives here in New York City and to fill all our neighborhood spots with our families and friends,” she told the outlet. “We imagined, ‘What would our ideal weekend be with our favorite people?’ and then, ‘How do we want to be married?’ We really threw tradition or answering to any standard out the window.”
With that said, they told guests to go all out with their outfits, telling them to “do the MOST.”
Nicholas serves a major in the Army Reserves following years of active duty, so he opted for his military dress uniform.
They also used the day as an opportunity to hire as many artists as they possibly could, including a violinist to perform during the ceremony, local artists for illustrations, and florists for flowers and arches.
As for the public transit choice—that’s how everyone got to the reception!
“We always knew we’d take the subway to the reception but this was the perfect way to start the party,” she said.
Since Mason is Cuban, there was also plenty of music and dancing on a “large dance floor,” and she even danced the salsa with her dad as it’s a “huge part of our culture and the way we celebrate. I think we made the Cubans proud.”
Her co-stars immediately jumped into the comment section to share their congratulations—warming the hearts of The CW fans all around—as Michael Vlamis wrote “VLAMIS GOT MARRIED!!!!” Tyler Blackburn shared a series of heart emojis, Heather Hemmens wrote “So beautiful! Congrats you two!” and Lily Cowles added, “So gorgeous! Felicitaciones mi amor.”
Congrats to the happy couple—we wish you all the best on this new journey!
- Chicago P.D1 week ago
Chicago PD Season 11 Episode 5 Review – Split-Second
- Chicago P.D3 weeks ago
Is ‘Chicago PD’ New Tonight? Everything We Know About Season 11 Episode 5
- Chicago Med3 weeks ago
Is ‘Chicago Med’ New Tonight? What We Know About Season 9 Episode 5
- The Irrational3 weeks ago
The Irrational Review Season 1 Episode 10 – Bombshell
- La Brea3 weeks ago
La Brea Series Finale Review – How Did It All End?
- Not Dead Yet2 weeks ago
Not Dead Yet Recap Season 2 Episode 2 – Not a Valentine Yet
- Chicago Med1 week ago
Chicago Med Season 9 Episode 5 Review – I Make a Promise, I Will Never Leave You
- Coffee Table News2 weeks ago
CW Spring Schedule—’Walker’ Premiere Date Announced, But Where Is ‘Superman & Lois’?