We have a full 2-hour series finale of Pretty Little Liars to get through tonight and while fans will finally find out who the twisted, mysterious and sociopathic A.D is, there’s a popular fan theory circulating the internet right now – Spencer’s evil twin sister.
I’ve been down this “who is A.D” avenue one to many times and have failed to come up with anything plausible or satisfactory but I can’t argue with the facts here.
Since the series strayed so far from the books, it would make sense that Marlene would want to honor them some way and involve a twin.
We initially thought that Marlene King swapped out “twin” for “transgender sister” but maybe that’s just what she needed to get us off the right path.
And really, once you see all the evidence, including all of the discrepancies in Spencer’s outfits, moods and watches, you’ll have a hard time arguing a different theory.
- Twins run in the family with Mary and Jessica being identical. Mary is Spencer’s mother but she also reportedly gave birth to two babies in Radley. We initially assumed it was Charlotte but what if there was another child? This is definitely possible with the revelation that Pastor Ted is Charlotte’s biological father. If there were “babies” it would have both been by Peter Hastings….
- Spencer was born in Radley and then spent some time there so it makes sense she’d have a strong connection with it. That would explain the dancing scene with guest star Maddie Ziegler. She was hallucinating a twin moment and remembering the time she spent in that room.
- Marlene said that they would make it so that fans could figure it out before the finale. At this point, all signs point to a second Spencer and many fans are jumping on the bandwagon.
- Keegan Allen, who plays Toby, said that there would not be another Spoby kiss in season 7 yet it happened…. we all saw it. Unless, that wasn’t Spencer. It did feel a little out of character for Spence to just jump his bones right after his wife died. Then Toby may have foreshadowed this by stating “that’s not the Spencer I know.”
- In fact, Spencer has been a lot more flirtatious this season. Just think of how she played Marco and how she had a fling with Caleb, despite him being Hannah’s ex! And even after she found out they were married, she still told him “not to forget any of it because she wouldn’t.” Really girl?
- When Hannah is abducted, she has a vision or some hallucination of Spencer telling her that “If AD can come in and out of here you can too.” We hadn’t heard the name AD yet so how would she have know that? This could have been the twin. Mary also sings the same song to Spencer that Spencer sang to Hannah.
- Some say the twin is actually Bethany Young and this would bring her back into the equation since we never had any closure on her. Maybe she isn’t dead and buried in Ali’s grave, maybe she’s ACTUALLY the twin who has been running this whole operation.
- If we were to believe Bethany is Spencer’s twin, that would explain why Peter Hasting’s didn’t want Toby to dig deeper into his mother’s death. Remember that Bethany allegedly killed Marion Cavanaugh and if Toby got more info, he would have pieced together her identity.
- Jessica DiLaurentis reportedly took Bethany on trips when she was in Radley and made her call her “Aunt Jessie.” That would only make sense if she was Mary Drake’s daughter, thus Spencer’s twin. Plus we know they would go to the stables and Spencer loves horses.
- A twin would definitely explain that bizarre moment with Spencer, Wren and Ezra at the airport. Spencer was acting really shady and even asked Ezra not to mention it to the girls. We then never found out why Wren was just “passing by” Rosewood but I doubt that’s a pit stop on the way from London. Maybe this wasn’t the real Spencer but the twin who may have been caught up.
- There’s one scene where Mary Drake looks at a picture of Spencer and Melissa and comments that they could be like “twins.” Another form of foreshadowing?
- Spencer’s mother once yells at her and says “it was like there were two Spencer’s living in this house, the Spencer we recognized and her evil twin and we never knew which one was coming down for breakfast.”
- Some say Spencer isn’t even in this season and the whole time, it’s been her twin. We meet Spencer again after a time jump, which means the twin could have kidnapped and locked the real Spencer up and taken over her life in an attempt to have real friends. In the series finale promo, we see Mary Drake sedating “Spencer,” which is odd because she’s supposed to be in jail and allegedly loves her daughter?
- Most of the series, if you think about it, circles around Ali and Spencer with season 7 focusing on the Hasting’s the most. There has to be a reason for it… and a reason why Melissa and Wren are suddenly back in town.
Debunking That Theory
Some say that the theory is pretty out there, even for PLL. I wouldn’t put anything past Marlene King considering the first A was Charlotte, the transgender daughter of Mary Drake, Jessica’s twin sister who actually dated her cousin briefly. I mean, that’s PRETTY twisted. Not to mention this is a world well cellphones burst into flames and Caleb can locate someone with a car key FOB. (Why not just use the new Snapchat map update bruh?!)
Let’s consider for a moment that the twin theory is too simple and expected. We know that A.D has a penchant for using masks that look very realistic, think Archer wearing a Detective Wilden mask to fool Ali into thinking she’s crazy. Maybe it will be a twin reveal of sorts but the real A.D will just be wearing a realistic Spencer mask.
If Spencer’s twin isn’t A.D, the only other option in my mind is Wren. Wren has also been involved in this madness since season 1 and his return only means trouble. Plus, he’s British and a doctor, just like Archer Dunhill and his father has had a history of mental illness. Maybe he spent so much time at Radley, he befriended Charlotte, got caught up in all the drama and carried out her game after she was killed?
Little Liars, tell me, what’s your A.D theory?! We’ll talk about how wrong we all were tomorrow.
‘Legacies’ Actor Matthew Davis Welcomes Baby Girl with Wife Kiley Casciano!
Some good news during this coronavirus pandemic – Matthew Davis is a dad!
The Legacies star welcomed his first child with wife, Kiley Casciano, on Tuesday, March 31.
“Ripley Nightingale Davis,” the 41-year-old tweeted revealing the bundle of joy’s name.
“Born March 31st 9:51 p.m. 7lbs, blond hair, blue eyes, Mom’s beautiful face. Thank you everyone for all your love and support,” he added.
He followed that by adding, “let’s hope she doesn’t have my dyslexia.”
Ripley Nightingale Davis
Born March 31st 9:51pm
Moms beautiful face
Thank you everyone for all your love and support
— Mr Davis (@ImMatthew_Davis) April 1, 2020
Kiley last showed off her bloomin’ baby bump on March 10 writing, “Nothing says thrill like having a baby during a pandemic.”
The couple had a baby shower on March 6th just days before many states began imposing “stay at home” orders.
David has long been a part of the franchise having previously starred on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals as Alaric Saltzman, vampire-hunter turned dad of two supernatural twins and headmaster of the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted.
It’s safe to say, he has tons of experience with rowdy children who tend to get into a lot of trouble!
You can read the Legacies season finale review right here!
CW’s Summer Schedule Brings ‘Burden of Truth,’ ‘Bulletproof,’ and More
The CW has been working tirelessly to provide its quarantined audience with an ample amount of content despite many shows in limbo due to shuttered productions and unfulfilled episode orders and seasons.
They recently released their upcoming schedule for some of the spring shows to round out their seasons including Riverdale, Nancy Drew, The Flash and Supergirl.
But now, they’re looking towards the warmer months by releasing the summer schedule.
Friday, May 15
Masters of Illusion (Season Premiere)
Masters of Illusion (Special Original Episode)
Thursday, May 21
Burden of Truth (Season Premiere)
In the Dark (Original Episode)
Wednesday, June 17
Bulletproof (Season Premiere)
Monday, June 22
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Original Episode)
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Encore Episode)
Penn & Teller: Fool Us (Season Premiere)
When Will ‘Riverdale’ Air Hedwig Musical Episode?
Coronavirus is effecting the upcoming schedule on The CW.
And Riverdale fans might not be pleased because the musical episode has been postponed as the series goes on an indefinite hiatus.
The teen drama has been on a break since March 11 and was set to return with a musical episode focusing on Hedwig and the Angry Inch on April 8.
Unfortunately, that’s not happening. The musical episode is being moved to April 15 instead!
A schedule update for the first week of April (April 6th) reveals that the network will air a re-rerun of its DC’s crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths” instead of the episode “Wicked Little Town.”
The 5-part crossover which brought together The CW’s biggest superheroes into one 5-hours episode in 2019 and the beginning of 2020 is filling a few voids in the schedule including Sunday’s time-block of Supergirl and Batwoman. It’s also stepping in to fill Thursday’s time slot, which usually went to Legacies. The series is set to air a premature season finale on March 26 after production shuttered due to the outbreak and they couldn’t finish filming the season.
Riverdale was forced to shutter production this season after a member of the crew tested positive for coronavirus. All shows followed suit shortly after.
Check out the CW’s new revised schedule and keep your eyes peeled for updates as many networks will be making changes !
Sunday, April 5
8 pm Batwoman (rerun)
9 pm Supergirl (rerun)
Monday, April 6
8 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway? (new)
8:30 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway? (rerun)
9 pm Roswell, New Mexico (new)
Tuesday, April 7
8 pm “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Part 1 (rerun)
9 pm “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Part 2 (rerun)
Wednesday, April 8
8 pm “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Part 3 (rerun)
9 pm Nancy Drew (new)
Thursday, April 9
8 pm “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Part 4 (rerun)
9 pm “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Part 5 (rerun)
Friday, April 10
8 pm Charmed (new)
9 pm Dynasty (new)
Pretty Little Liars5 years ago
Pretty Little Liars- Oh What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me (5×19)
Good Girls11 months ago
Good Girls – Hunting Season (2×11)
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Coffee Table News6 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Jane The Virgin3 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Chicago P.D6 years ago
Chicago P.D- Stepping Stones (1×01)
Quantico4 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Grey's Anatomy7 years ago
Sandra Oh leaving Grey’s Anatomy