We have a full 2-hour series finale of Pretty Little Liars to get through tonight and while fans will finally find out who the twisted, mysterious and sociopathic A.D is, there’s a popular fan theory circulating the internet right now – Spencer’s evil twin sister.
I’ve been down this “who is A.D” avenue one to many times and have failed to come up with anything plausible or satisfactory but I can’t argue with the facts here.
Since the series strayed so far from the books, it would make sense that Marlene would want to honor them some way and involve a twin.
We initially thought that Marlene King swapped out “twin” for “transgender sister” but maybe that’s just what she needed to get us off the right path.
And really, once you see all the evidence, including all of the discrepancies in Spencer’s outfits, moods and watches, you’ll have a hard time arguing a different theory.
- Twins run in the family with Mary and Jessica being identical. Mary is Spencer’s mother but she also reportedly gave birth to two babies in Radley. We initially assumed it was Charlotte but what if there was another child? This is definitely possible with the revelation that Pastor Ted is Charlotte’s biological father. If there were “babies” it would have both been by Peter Hastings….
- Spencer was born in Radley and then spent some time there so it makes sense she’d have a strong connection with it. That would explain the dancing scene with guest star Maddie Ziegler. She was hallucinating a twin moment and remembering the time she spent in that room.
- Marlene said that they would make it so that fans could figure it out before the finale. At this point, all signs point to a second Spencer and many fans are jumping on the bandwagon.
- Keegan Allen, who plays Toby, said that there would not be another Spoby kiss in season 7 yet it happened…. we all saw it. Unless, that wasn’t Spencer. It did feel a little out of character for Spence to just jump his bones right after his wife died. Then Toby may have foreshadowed this by stating “that’s not the Spencer I know.”
- In fact, Spencer has been a lot more flirtatious this season. Just think of how she played Marco and how she had a fling with Caleb, despite him being Hannah’s ex! And even after she found out they were married, she still told him “not to forget any of it because she wouldn’t.” Really girl?
- When Hannah is abducted, she has a vision or some hallucination of Spencer telling her that “If AD can come in and out of here you can too.” We hadn’t heard the name AD yet so how would she have know that? This could have been the twin. Mary also sings the same song to Spencer that Spencer sang to Hannah.
- Some say the twin is actually Bethany Young and this would bring her back into the equation since we never had any closure on her. Maybe she isn’t dead and buried in Ali’s grave, maybe she’s ACTUALLY the twin who has been running this whole operation.
- If we were to believe Bethany is Spencer’s twin, that would explain why Peter Hasting’s didn’t want Toby to dig deeper into his mother’s death. Remember that Bethany allegedly killed Marion Cavanaugh and if Toby got more info, he would have pieced together her identity.
- Jessica DiLaurentis reportedly took Bethany on trips when she was in Radley and made her call her “Aunt Jessie.” That would only make sense if she was Mary Drake’s daughter, thus Spencer’s twin. Plus we know they would go to the stables and Spencer loves horses.
- A twin would definitely explain that bizarre moment with Spencer, Wren and Ezra at the airport. Spencer was acting really shady and even asked Ezra not to mention it to the girls. We then never found out why Wren was just “passing by” Rosewood but I doubt that’s a pit stop on the way from London. Maybe this wasn’t the real Spencer but the twin who may have been caught up.
- There’s one scene where Mary Drake looks at a picture of Spencer and Melissa and comments that they could be like “twins.” Another form of foreshadowing?
- Spencer’s mother once yells at her and says “it was like there were two Spencer’s living in this house, the Spencer we recognized and her evil twin and we never knew which one was coming down for breakfast.”
- Some say Spencer isn’t even in this season and the whole time, it’s been her twin. We meet Spencer again after a time jump, which means the twin could have kidnapped and locked the real Spencer up and taken over her life in an attempt to have real friends. In the series finale promo, we see Mary Drake sedating “Spencer,” which is odd because she’s supposed to be in jail and allegedly loves her daughter?
- Most of the series, if you think about it, circles around Ali and Spencer with season 7 focusing on the Hasting’s the most. There has to be a reason for it… and a reason why Melissa and Wren are suddenly back in town.
Debunking That Theory
Some say that the theory is pretty out there, even for PLL. I wouldn’t put anything past Marlene King considering the first A was Charlotte, the transgender daughter of Mary Drake, Jessica’s twin sister who actually dated her cousin briefly. I mean, that’s PRETTY twisted. Not to mention this is a world well cellphones burst into flames and Caleb can locate someone with a car key FOB. (Why not just use the new Snapchat map update bruh?!)
Let’s consider for a moment that the twin theory is too simple and expected. We know that A.D has a penchant for using masks that look very realistic, think Archer wearing a Detective Wilden mask to fool Ali into thinking she’s crazy. Maybe it will be a twin reveal of sorts but the real A.D will just be wearing a realistic Spencer mask.
If Spencer’s twin isn’t A.D, the only other option in my mind is Wren. Wren has also been involved in this madness since season 1 and his return only means trouble. Plus, he’s British and a doctor, just like Archer Dunhill and his father has had a history of mental illness. Maybe he spent so much time at Radley, he befriended Charlotte, got caught up in all the drama and carried out her game after she was killed?
Little Liars, tell me, what’s your A.D theory?! We’ll talk about how wrong we all were tomorrow.
Coming to Hulu: ‘Animaniacs’ Reboot, Season 2 of ‘Love, Victor,’ and Selena Gomez Comedy
Hulu is gearing up for a promising rest of the year with this content!
It’s time for Animaniacs!
Hulu previously announced that it was rebooting the 1993 animated classic and now, there’s officially a premiere date!
According to TV Line, the 13-episode series will hit the streaming service on Friday, November 20.
Yep, that’s right — new content to look forward to this fall.
The reboot will focus on Yakko, Wakko, and Dot wreaking havoc as only they can. Fans will also get to see the revival of characters Pinky and the Brain in season 1. The series was already renewed for season 2 with a 2021 premiere date.
💥 They've escaped from the water tower! 💥
Enjoy this special message from Tress MacNeille aka Dot, the Warner sister!
— Hulu (@hulu) August 7, 2020
Love, Victor Season 2
Hulu has renewed Love, Victor for a second season.
The series, a follow-up to the 2018 film, Love, Simon will pick up right where season left off — spoilers — Victor comes out to his parents. The coming-of-age story’s second season will “push the envelope,” according to co-showrunner Brian Tanen, which makes sense considering the series is exclusively being produced for Hulu and has a little more freedom.
This is exciting for fans who want to explore themes of sexuality without a PG filter.
If you’re not aware, the series was initially set to debut on Disney+ before the streamer decided the content was too mature and modern for its audience.
No premiere date has been set.
— Love, Victor (@LoveVictorHulu) August 7, 2020
Only Murders in the Building
Selena Gomez is making her way back to television and comedy.
On Friday, it was announced that the singer and actress would join comedy icons Steve Martin and Martin Short in a new Hulu series titled Only Murders in the Building.
According to Hulu’s synopsis: “The series follows three strangers (Martin, Short and Gomez) who share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one.”
There are a lot of promising names attached to the project. Gomez is set to executive producer with Short, Jess Rosenthal, and This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman.
Our guess is that the trio will witness a murder that they’ll have to navigate without implicating themselves.
Alex Russo knows all about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, am I right?
No other details were available and a premiere date was not announced.
‘Lucifer’ Season 5 on Netflix – Everything We Know About Season 5 on Netlix
The wait for Lucifer Season 5 is almost over and we’ve got all your juicy details!
Here’s everything you need and may want to know about the upcoming season:
Where Did We Leave Off?
Season 4 saw Lucifer dealing with a priest who gave Chloe a prophecy along with the return of his very first girlfriend, Eve. By the finale, he made a big return to Hell to serve as king, but he didn’t abandon all the good qualities he’d picked up on Earth. He also revealed his true self to Chloe and she accepted him wholeheartedly.
When Will Season 5 Premiere?
The first half of season 5 will debut on Friday, August 21. There is no release date for the second half of season 5.
What’s the Official Description?
“In the stunning fifth season, the stakes are higher than ever. Secret will be revealed, beloved characters will die, and we’ll finally get an answer to the question, ‘Will they or won’t they?’”
How Many Episodes Will There Be?
Originally, season 5 was supposed to have 10 episodes just like season 4, which was saved by Netflix. However, shortly after, season 5 was announced to be the “final” season with the idea that it would be broken up into two halves. The first half will have 8 episodes and the second half will have 8 more episodes.
Can I Get the Episode Titles?
“Really Sad Devil Guy”
“Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!”
“It Never Ends Well for the Chicken”
“Spoiler Alert” (midseason finale)
“Resting Devil Face”
“Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam”
“Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid”
“A Little Harmless Stalking”
“Nothing Lasts Forever”
“Is This Really How It’s Going to End?”
“A Chance at a Happy Ending” (season finale)
Who Will Appear?
God is making an appearance, and he’s played by Dennis Haysbert.
— 📎Lesley-Ann Brandt (@LesleyAnnBrandt) January 16, 2020
Tricia Helfer, who previously appeared as Charlotte aka Mom towards the end of season 3, will make an appearance.
The trailer also introduces Lucifer’s twin brother, the archangel, Michael. This is one showdown we’re excited to see.
The regular cast is also set to appear: Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German as Detective Chloe Decker, Kevin Alejandro as Detective Dan Espinoza, DB Woodside as Amenadiel, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen, Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza, Rachael Harris as Dr Linda Martin, and Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez.
Any Special Episodes?
Lucifer will air a black-an-white noir episode set in “an alternate universe in the 1940s.” The sixth episode of the season will include another girls night. And while episode 4 features a mini-musical moment, the 10th episode called “Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam” is a whole musical-episode with the cast belting their hearts out.
Almost. As you know, COVID put a wrench in a lot of plans. The series was one episode shy of wrapping up production on season 5 when they were forced to shut down. However, since the episode is set to debut in the latter half of season 5, it doesn’t affect the debut of part one of season 5.
Will There Be a Season 6?
The devil is a sneaky man and somehow convinced Netflix to renew the series for a sixth season despite the streamer previously announcing that season 5 would be the final one. We don’t know what changed their minds, but we’ll take it!
Can I See The Trailer?
We thought you’d never ask!
See you in hell!
‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast Reunites for a Podcast that Involves Drinking and Rewatching Episodes!
The moms of Rosewood got out of the basement just in time to start their own podcast!
All jokes aside, Holly Marie Comb (Aria’s mom Ella), Lesley Fera (Spencer’s mom Veronica) and Nia Peeples (Emily’s mom Pam) are reuniting to rewatch episodes together and offer some commentary.
Honestly, I’ve always wanted to know what the moms of Rosewood thought about what their daughters were up to/involved in, especially since half the time, it didn’t seem like the liars even had parents!
The podcast, titled “Pretty Little Wine Moms” (yes, ladies!) means that they will be sitting down with their favorite drinks and breaking down one episode at a time. Since they were a part of the production, they’ll be able to add in behind-the-scene tidbits.
Here’s where things get super fun — each week’s episode will have a new special guest that joins in for the chat.
According to Digital Spy, guests will range from other cast members, writers, directors, and producers.
This month alone the podcast will feature Shay Mitchell (Emily Fields), Brant Daugherty (heads-will-roll Noel Kahn), and Torrey DeVitto (Melissa Hastings).
In September, the lineup includes costume designer Mandi Line, writer/producer Bryan M. Holdman, Ashley Benson (Hannah Marin), Lucy Hale (Aria Montgomery), Sasha Pieterse (Alison DiLaurentis) and Tyler Blackburn (Caleb Rivers).
I love how much support the moms are getting from the cast and that the cast is finding new ways to keep this fun and twisted show alive!
Of course, we cannot wait for the mom-circle to be completed with a guest appearance by Laura Leighton (Hannah’s mom Ashley)!
The idea for the podcast came to Lesley where she was bored at home during COVID. She invited her co-stars to appear on her podcast with her husband, Ned Mochel, and fans were so thrilled that the moms were back together again, they figured why not roll with it?
We’re so glad they did.
And we cannot wait for the mom’s to spill some tea! Maybe they’ll finally tell us how they got out of that basement…
Here’s a snippet of how I envision this podcast in my mind:
Netflix3 weeks ago
Alvaro Morte Teases the Professor’s Return on Set of ‘La Casa de Papel’ Season 5
Netflix3 weeks ago
‘Sweet Magnolias’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
Sweet Magnolias2 weeks ago
If You Loved ‘Sweet Magnolias,’ You’re Going to Want to Check Out ‘Virgin River’
Netflix3 weeks ago
‘Outer Banks’ Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix
Doom Patrol4 days ago
Doom Patrol Review — Finale Ends With Major Cliffhangers (2 x 09)
Doom Patrol2 weeks ago
Doom Patrol Review – Daddy-Daughter Doomsday (2 x 08)
Editorials2 weeks ago
Best Tweets About Beyonce’s Visual Album ‘Black Is King’ on Disney+
Doom Patrol3 weeks ago
Doom Patrol Review – Scants Keep A Good Patrol Down (2 x 07)