It was a big night for the CW!
The Flash premiered to pretty good numbers for the rating for the network, making it the most watched premiere in 5 years and the second best. The DC comic based drama scored a 1.8 rating, drawing in 4.8 million viewers. The Vampire Diaries premiered in 2009 to 4.9 million with a 2.1 rating! It’s opening was also up a lot from last years Originals premiere in that same spot– it got 2 million viewers and a 0.9 rating. It even beat out Arrow’s original premiere, which got 4.1 million views and a 1.3 rating. Let’s just hope those ratings don’t dip in a flash.
Supernatural wasn’t able to keep all the viewers unfortunately, scoring a 1.1 and 2.5 million viewers, matching last seasons finale. But hey, it is the 10th season…
NCIS got 17.3 million viewers, and NCIS: New Orleans 15. 4, dropping some viewers, but still doing well. They got a 2.6 and 2.3 rating, respectively.
ABC drama’s are holding pretty steady. SHIELD dropped again this week, but not by much, bringing a 1.7 rating and 4.7 million eyeballs. Forever also fell, 5 percent, with a 1.3 and roughly 5.4 million viewers.
The ABC comedies didn’t do so hot this week. Selfie dropped 25 percent to 4.1 million viewers with a 1.2 rating, while Manhattan Love Story hit a record low, falling almost 40 percent in views, to 3.2 million and a 1.9.
It was a little better for FOX comedies New Girl and The Mindy Project. New Girl rose a bit, pretty much matching last week with a 1.4 rating and 2.6 million viewers. Mindy Project fell to 2.2 million and a 1.o.
Ratings Tuesday: The Flash Steady, Supernatural Down, Dancing With the Star Finale Season High
- Marry Me dropped 27% to a 1.1 rating with 3.75 million viewers.
- The Voice fell 15% from last weeks 2.7, hitting a series low of 2.3 with 9.18 million.
- About A Boy slipped 23% from a 1.3 to a 1.0 and 3.10 million.
- Chicago Fire fell by 26% from a 2.1 rating to a 1.6 with 5.96 million.
- NCIS down 8% to a 2.4 rating with 15.69 million.
- NCIS: New Orleans held steady at a 2.3 drawing in 14.20 million.
- Person of Interest ticked up 6% to a 1.7 and 8.86 million viewers.
- The Dancing with the Stars finale brought in a season high rating of 2.9– an increase of 16% from last weeks episode and 21% increase from last years finale, with 15.84 million viewers.
- New Girl lowered 7% to a 1.3 rating with 2.77 million.
- The Mindy Project remained at a 1.1 rating bringing in 2.34 million.
- Masterchef Junior also steady at 1.5 with a 4.04 million.
- The Flash held steady at a 1.4 rating with 3.41 million viewers, while Supernatural ticked down 10% to a 0.9 with 2.29 million.
Featured Photo: Getty Images
Ratings Monday: The Originals, State of Affairs and Sleepy Hollow Drop
CBS and NBC were both preempted in big markets- New York, Buffalo, New Orleans and Buffalo, so ratings are subject to change.
Live coverage of breaking news from Ferguson, Mo. about the juries decision not to indict Darren Wilson in the deadly shooting of Michael Brown also interrupted many programs in multiple markets.
- Dancing With the Stars rose 4% from last weeks episode to a 2.4 with 14.80 million. It saw a 9% increase from last falls finale. UPDATE: Dancing lifted a tenth to a 2.5 and 14.87 million.
- Castle scored a 2.0, up by 11% with 10.92 million. UPDATE: Castle adjusted down 3 tenths to a 1.7 and 9.55 million.
- The Voice dropped a tenth to a 3.0 with 10.18 million. UPDATE: In adjustments, The Voice fell another tenth to a 2.6 and 9.60 million.
- State of Affairs saw a dramatic decline from a 2.2 to a 1.7, falling 23% from it’s premiere. It drew in 6.35 million. UPDATE: State of Affairs slipped two tenths more, with a 1.5 and 5.7 million.
- Scorpion was up 15% to a 2.3 with 10.20 million. UPDATE: Scorpion fell adjusted down to a 1.9 and 9.28 million.
- NCIS: Los Angeles fell 12% to a 1.5 bringing in 8.67 million.
- 2 Broke Girls lifted 5% to a 2.2 with 8.52 million viewers. UPDATE: 2 Broke Girls saw an adjustment of six-tenths with 1.6 and 6.85 million.
- Gotham finished solid, holding steady at a 2.3 rating with 6 million viewers.
- Sleepy Hollow’s part 1 of a 2 part finale dropped 13% from a 1.6 to a 1.4 drawing in 4.25 million.
- The Originals fell once again, dropping from a 0.7 to a 0.6 with 1.27 million.
- Jane the Virgin continued at a 0.4 rating with 1.05 million viewers.
Ratings Sunday: AMA’s Down, FOX Ratings Plummet
NBC’s ratings are likely to change due to Football coverage.
Also, CBS was delayed in Eastern and Central zones because of delayed NFL football.
Sunday Night Football Cowboys vs. Giants was up 15% to a 7.1 rating with with 19.55 million viewers.
CBS’s NFL Football scored a 7.3 rating with 25.80 million viewers.
Madam Secretary jumped 20% to a 1.8 and 12.57 million.
CSI held steady with a 1.3 rating drawing in 8.50 million viewers.
The Good Wife saw an increase of 8% with a 1.4 rating and 10.14 million.
FOX had a rough Sunday night, with shows showing a decrease in viewers by nearly 30-40%.
Mulaney dropped 22% from a 0.9 to a 0.7 with 1.64 million. Still waiting on that cancellation notice here.
The Simpsons fell a whopping 30% from 3.0 to a 1.6 with 3.49 million viewers.
Bob Burgers dropped 47% from a 1.7 to a 0.9 bringing in 1.92 million.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine also down 32% from a 2.2 to a 1.5 and 3.02 million.
ABC’s annual American Music Awards saw a 16% decreased in viewers from last year, scoring a 3.8 down from 4.5 with 11.55 million viewers.
- Chicago P.D2 weeks ago
Is ‘Chicago PD’ New Tonight? Everything We Know About Season 10 Episode 16
- Chicago Med2 weeks ago
Is ‘Chicago Med’ New Tonight? What We Know About Season 8 Episode 16
- Netflix2 weeks ago
Who Is Rhys Montrose on ‘YOU’ Season 4?
- Outer Banks2 weeks ago
Will There Be a 4th Season of ‘Outer Banks’? Here’s What We Know
- You2 weeks ago
YOU Season Finale Review – The Death of Jonathan Moore (410)
- Chicago P.D3 weeks ago
Chicago PD Review – Blood and Honor (1015)
- Alaska Daily2 weeks ago
Alaska Daily Review – Tell a Reporter Not to Do Something and Suddenly It’s a Party (208)
- La Brea3 weeks ago
La Brea Season Finale Review – The Journey