“Addiction that once indulged is impossible to pacify. Even when starved the hunger survives.”
Aiden returned to the Hamptons this week with a major reveal (well major to Emily) while the battle between Grayson Victoria and ex-Grayson Emily heated up!!
But truthfully, it’s not like we didn’t know that TWD stood for Aiden Mathis’s dad. I called that last week. So, while it was a big reveal to Emily and would eventually change the direction of her revenge, it shouldn’t have been set up as the ending cliffhanger. Really, it wasn’t that shocking. What is shocking is what’s to come next! I mean, does Aiden know the truth about his father’s involvement… or lack of? After all, he did end up getting nixed by the Grayson’s so he must have either known too much or done something wrong. Was he killed? Or was he just shushed? Is he still alive? And if so, will that cause a huge rift between Emily and Aiden, as she’s going to want revenge on anyone involved in killing her father! Was he an ally of David’s? Working against him? This revelation opens up so many doors and possibilities– that’s where the excitement is. How will Emily go about finding out information about TWD? Whose going to be willing to talk? Now that she has an actual name, will Pascal succumb to her?
The French can be very deceiving and persuasive and it’s a shame Emily almost fell for Pascal’s charm. Everyone was out and about at a huge money making event hosted by Emily, who can clearly throw a huge extravaganza with the snap of her finger. I guess money can buy you everything! Well, except Revenge. The only reason for the Monte Carlo Charity Event was to get close to Pascal and discuss “business” with him. Yet, Victoria was highly suspicious of Emily and made it a point to hang onto her ex-boyfriends arm the whole night. This resulted in a high stakes poker match between the villain and the vengeful. While Victoria clearly won the hand, she folded exclaiming that this time Emily won fair and square. Her fold was manipulated by her need to find out why Emily was trying to get close to Pascal.
This is what really upsets me about Emily. She’s obviously smart and clever and witty and all that, but she trusts people. Asking Pascal, someone who clearly has a history and wants a present with Victoria Grayson, to be her ally was a bold move. When he accepted, she literally almost blurted out something that would have revealed her true identity. Thankfully, she realized that there was a camera in the room recording her and that Pascal couldn’t be trusted after all. Close call. Unfortunately, this little stunt that Emily clearly didn’t think through (she’s having a lot of those lately) gave Victoria some crucial information. She’s been suspicious of Emily this whole time, but now, she’s confirmed that Emily is actually trying to dig up dirt on the Grayson family secrets. With all the clues she already has, it won’t take long before Vicki realizes that Em’s wants to get to the bottom of the David Clarke scandal…. and unfortunately, there’s people who know the truth that she can manipulate and force the answer out of.
Victoria wasn’t the only one onto Emily. Daniel was also trying to get some cold blooded revenge on his soon to be ex-wife. His idea of revenge? Well, to go after all of Emily’s friends like she went after his family. Charlotte asks her brother to leave Jack alone as she also has a friendship with him, so obviously, Jack becomes Daniel’s number one target. Not because Daniel wanted to do wrong to his sister, but because Jack was encouraging Margeoux to take a job as Editor in Chief of a different magazine in Rome. This would only hurt Daniel’s career and cost him his job at Voulez, so he planted an idea in Margeoux’s head that Jack was actually in love with Emily and was telling Margeoux to go far away because it was in his best interest. We know that’s not the truth, but obviously she walked by the Stowaway just as Jack was being a loving friend to Emily after he found out about her breakup with Aiden and confirmed what Daniel was saying. In reality, the things Daniel was saying about Jack is really what he was doing to her. He was manipulating her into thinking Jack was in love with someone else and she shouldn’t take the job in Rome because it was in his best interest not hers. Margeoux is another character on the show that I viewed as a “strong woman” and its shameful to see her just believe the nonsense Daniel is feeding her. Worse, that she actually believes Daniel is a good person and that she “knows” him. Especially given all that she’s gone through with her father manipulating and using her. I guess she’ll never learn. This also makes me upset because I was starting to warm up to her and now, I don’t want her around Jack at all. When she confronted him at the casino charity she was so hostile and so flirty with Daniel. Jack does not deserve that bullshit, especially because he really is in love with Margeoux. Oh well!!! She’ll just end up collateral damage… if not in Emily’s plan, than in Daniels.
The news that Jack Porter is actually Stevie Grayson’s son was gossiped about in the tabloids after last week’s opera. Thankfully, it was all on Jack’s terms as he didn’t want this secret to be a weapon for the Grayson’s against his mother. When Conrad found out, he was visibly upset by his ex-wife’s extramarital affair, about 30-years-ago, with the owner of the Stowaway. The two began talking about their marriage and Stevie’s alcohol addiction and how Conrad was upset that she never came to apoligize to him. And that’s how he lured her in. For a second I felt that maybe Conrad really cared and missed Stevie. The two seemed like they had such a real connection. But as always, it was an act for Conrad to get the property deed for the Grayson manor from Stevie. Just like that she was faced with her inner demons and brought to her knees as she contemplated drinking again. It’s upsetting to see because I guess, she’s a good person who fell for the wrong man. I thought she was strong, that she couldn’t be won over by the Grayson’s, but I guess Conrad is her one weakness!!
Next week’s episode looks chilling as Victoria goes to visit the one man that she thinks can help her figure out who Emily really is and what she wants. Mason Treadwell, whose withering away in prison. What’s dangerous about this is that he knows Emily’s deepest and darkest secret. How far will Emily go to keep her identity from Victoria? Would she kill Mason Treadwell in cold blood? I’m vouching for yes. At this point, Mason was someone who betrayed her father anyways. She’s doing him a favor by sparing his life!
-It’s really gross to see Victoria get it on with someone. Do you think Pascal is really only in it because of his love for Vicky or is there a business side to his Victoria.
– Conrad trying to help another man get his wife was, well awkward. He clearly does not love Victoria at all anymore!
– How the hell did Emily get to Bermuda in a day, just to visit Aiden and ask a question. Like really?
-Does Charlotte really just let random dudes, who use her birthday numbers, stick their tongue down her throat? Gross. Also, what’s his deal???
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
Revenge- Aftermath (4×21)
Ding dong, is the bitch really dead? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure…. she’s turned the tables on the revenge game and it’s not looking pretty for Emily.
After Grayson manor exploded, no one seemed to think much of it. Amanda thought that it was pretty good timing considering she was closing the chapter on Emily. Louise and Margaux seemed to think it was karma. No one thought it was Victoria’s evil plan to make Emily pay for everything she’s done. That is until they found a body and positively ID’d it as Victoria’s.
Then people thought it was simply a suicide, considering Vicki left a suicide letter for Margaux. Nolan was like ‘omg I can’t believe she’s gone’ and Amanda figured a world without Victoria was pretty sweet. That is until Louise began thinking with her southern little head and saw Victoria’s staged break in. That’s when Emily became suspect number one. After all, Victoria, her sworn enemy, died in her house. Coincidence? I think not.
When she came in for questioning, she didn’t have an alibi like the rest of the suspects. Well, she did but it was a dead guy and Ben wasn’t falling for it. He needed proof and Emily willingly gave up her car to be fingerprinted so that they could see, she did actually talk to Mason Treadwell that day. And that’s how she fell into the trap. Who would have thought Victoria and Mason were actually working together? They finally pulled out the big red sharpie themselves… and all of this was staged to frame Amanda for Victoria’s death. When he met up with Em’s in her car, he wasn’t sick… he was dropping Victoria’s hair and spraying her blood on the floor. How cruel.
When he finally called her to tell her what’s up– after she cleared his name of course– he also sent her a little goodbye message from Victoria, which conveniently deleted off her server just as the cops, with Ben in tow, came to arrest her for murder. Emily genuinely got played and she didn’t see this one coming. Gah! In fact, neither did I.
The big question is, is Victoria really dead? I can’t seem to believe she’d actually blow herself up just for the sake of revenge. But, the actress that plays her, Madeline Stowe, said Victoria is definitely not returning if the season gets renewed. So maybe she did really pull the trigger one last time. The second question, is this really the end of Revenge? I was really leaning towards heck yes. But after this weeks episode, I just don’t see how they can wrap all of this up in two episodes and actually be fair to the audience. I’m thinking, Revenge needs to be renewed for at least another half season!
Other Important Moments
- Margaux is trying to expose Emily but honestly, a woman from her grave can do it better. Can we just get rid of this character once and for all? And can she take Louise too?
- Jack returned from LA because clearly it looked totally suspicious that he was leaving the minute Emily’s house, with Victoria in it, blew up. He iced Em’s out completely until Ben told him that Emily went chasing his plane to stop him from leaving. He won. Emily loved him. He came to tell her that night but unfortunately witnessed her getting arrested for murder. Now, it’s really all up to Jack, David and Nolan. Will they believe their girl and get her out?
- Em’s also finally found out her dad had cancer. There’s nothing this girl can’t overcome and this will just be another obstacle for them. Plus, being framed for murder might be worse at this point.
- Charlotte Grayson returns next week. What team will she be on? Team Emily? Team Mom? Or Team WTF is going on? I pick the last one.
- Poor Nolan. He was finally falling for someone and then boom, the dude breaks up with him cause his adoption just went through and he needs to be a single dad. Touching but I also think he’s up to no good, so maybe not as touching as I thought.
What are your thoughts? Will Emily free herself from this “revenge” plot of Victoria’s? Is Revenge done for good? Will she finally walk off into the sunset with her dad, Jack and baby Karl? How mad would you be if Emily ended up getting screwed over in the end!?
Netflix3 weeks ago
Alvaro Morte Teases the Professor’s Return on Set of ‘La Casa de Papel’ Season 5
Netflix3 weeks ago
‘Sweet Magnolias’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
Sweet Magnolias2 weeks ago
If You Loved ‘Sweet Magnolias,’ You’re Going to Want to Check Out ‘Virgin River’
Netflix3 weeks ago
‘Outer Banks’ Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix
Doom Patrol2 weeks ago
Doom Patrol Review – Daddy-Daughter Doomsday (2 x 08)
Doom Patrol3 days ago
Doom Patrol Review — Finale Ends With Major Cliffhangers (2 x 09)
Editorials2 weeks ago
Best Tweets About Beyonce’s Visual Album ‘Black Is King’ on Disney+
Doom Patrol3 weeks ago
Doom Patrol Review – Scants Keep A Good Patrol Down (2 x 07)