All I have to say is why? I was definitely not prepared for all the craziness the midseason finale of Revenge was going to bring…. ESPECIALLY that *SPOILER ALERT* Daniel would die. Who saw that coming? From the looks of it, I thought there would definitely be a Daniel and Emily reunion by the end of the season. But…. after calming down and taking a step back, I realized this was a really good move one the writers part.
While I liked Daniel, he was kind of useless. Sure, Margaux was now pregnant with his child, but how many of us were really invested in that storyline? I know I wasn’t. Although I would liked to have seen Daniel as a father. Daniels ending came with much grace and that was probably the most redeeming part. The only Grayson son has done his fair share of bad things. Realizing he was about to become a father made him realize, he didn’t want to be that person. He also didn’t want to be the man his father was. Go figure. Throughout the whole episode, he came to terms with how all of his choices affected his life. Even though Margaux was the one running away from this commitment, she put all of the blame on Daniel, who in turn figured he was a horrible person and not fit to be a father.
As he went down memory lane, he ended up back at his old house, where he once confronted his father about being better then other people and keeping up his good name. With Victorias help, Margaux realized she was wrong to push Daniel away. He was never going to be like Conrad simply because he was so scared of being his father. She was in fact the one pushing him away. She called to apologize, asking Daniel to come home because “they” needed him. On his way, he heard some commotion coming from Emily’s place, so being her new gal-pal, he went to check it out. Emily tried to tell Daniel to run because crazy sh*t was going down, but he didn’t listen, instead taking a bullet for his ex-wife. And it all comes full circle. Daniel took the bullet for Emily, a woman he once shot when he was a darker version of himself. Definitely a redeeming moment for him.. and a sad, but satisfactory ending for all Demily fans everywhere. As Daniel lay in Emily’s arms bleeding out, I sat here screaming “help him” and Emily took the high rode, finally telling Daniel that their relationship wasn’t always a lie. “Not with you,” she said before he took his last breath. RIP Daniel Grayson. It’s been a good ride. Bumpy, but good nonetheless.
But lets rewind to what really led us to all of this chaos in the first place: Kate Taylor. Emily was certain that Kate was the person working for Malcolm Black. However, she wasn’t able to find anything about him and all of Kate’s records came back clean. Thankfully, Emily has this gut instinct that’s pretty much always right. As she bugged Kate’s hotel room, she bumped into Ben who revealed that Jack and Kate were getting close. Em’s went to warn Jack, but he wasn’t having any of it. He didn’t want to believe that an FBI agent, could be leading this double life.
Kate decided to use some extra “vacation” days and stick around the Hamptons a bit. Jack thought it was because she was crushing on him, but she had some unfinished business. She traced the picture of Emily Thorne back to Victoria Grayson, who told her that all of David’s debts to Malcolm could be paid off by Emily’s fortune. Kate couldn’t figure out why she would want to help pay the debts of her cellmates father, but Victoria simply told her to “figure it out,” which Kate did of course. Working for the FBI while also working for a hit-man does keep you on your toes. At Nolan’s party, Emily vowed to prove that Kate was sketchy by stealing her extra phone and trying to trace her texts back to Malcolm. Kate caught on and told Emily the truth. She was forced to work for Malcolm Black because he had his mother. She was constantly being watched but she needed Emily’s help to free both their parents. Emily pretended to believe her and arranged a meeting back at her house. There, Kate told her of the plan she devised… wiring money to Malcolm to repay him for David’s debts, pretending she actually got it from David like she was supposed to. When he would go to withdraw it, they’d catch him in the act. But, she left one part out.. She was lying. Kate was in fact Kate Black, Malcolm’s daughter, who realized Emily was clever and used this as an opportunity to extort the money out of her before planning to kill her.
She drew her weapon ready to fire the shot, but failed to realize Emily took out her ammo when she checked her gun at the door. Rookie mistake. A huge fight between daughters ensued and I have to admit, I held my breath the whole time. Especially when they threw each other off of the Grayson balcony, reminiscent to the fall that severely injured the fake Amanda Clarke several seasons back. At this point, Jack who was celebrating a successful party with Nolan, saw the scands from Kate’s fingerprints and realized she was Malcolm’s daughter and Em’s was in huge trouble. He ran over to the house right as Daniel was taking bullets for Emily. Thank god he was there because otherwise, Kate would have killed both Daniel and Ems. I’m surprised that Jack did something so noble… but so out of his element. He didn’t order Kate to drop her weapon or anything, he just shot at her twice, killing her instantly. This will definitely affect him considering he isn’t really the violent type.
When we pick back up with the second half of the season, things are going to be really different. Emily has lost a lot of people she’s loved. First Aiden and now Daniel… yes, she did love him in some shape and form. Victoria is going to be super upset that he beloved son sacrificed himself for her arch enemy. It’s also a pretty awkward situation because her son sacrificed herself for her lovers daughter. How do you bounce back from that. But it gets even worse….
While all of this was going down, David Clarke was plotting to kill Victoria. Yep…. I’m not sure if he figured out that she had been lying to him this whole time and sold Emily out to his worst enemy? Was he spying on her? He planned all of this even before she told him the truth about her involvement in his demise. She was mad that David lied to her about his wife’s death all those years ago and decided to protect herself and Daniel by stealing David’s computer and giving it over to Conrad. She’s the reason all of this is happening. If I wasn’t planning on killing her before, I’d definitely be planning it now. But, I must say, it was kind of refreshing to see Victoria finally get inspired by Daniel’s realization that their family is the one with the problems. They do these things to themselves. She finally came clean but unfortunately to a man who already made her his target long ago, seeing through her lies and deceit.
Other Memorable Moments
- Isn’t it ironic that Margaux wanted to raise this baby alone and now she’ll have to? Imagine how upset she will be that her baby daddy died risking his life for Emily.
- What is Louise planning? She was too eager to accept Nolan’s apology. Everything that’s ever taken place on a boat/yacht on this show has led to some kind of disaster. I’d avoid going on a cruise with the souther psycho at all costs Nolan.
- Why didn’t he open her files and see what she was really up to? He must be curious… I know I am.
- Honestly, what is David Clarke really up to?
- With Daniel and Aiden gone, is it finally time for Emily to be with Jack?
- How will she explain what happened at her house that night to the feds? Using her video monitoring?
Overall, fantastic midseason finale. It pains me to say that I think the writers are gearing up for their final season. With the ratings constantly slipping this season, it wouldn’t be a surprise. With Daniel gone, they can definitely wrap up the whole Malcolm Black storyline in half a season reuniting Emily with her father and hopefully giving Victoria what she really deserves.
Photos: ABC/Tony Rivetti
A ‘Revenge’ Virtual Reunion Is Happening in February with Emily Vancamp, Josh Bowman, and More
Emily Thorne, is that you?
After six years, Hampton’s finest are back together again. The cast of ‘Revenge’ is reuniting virtually this February. The best part? You can be a part of it.
Join Emily Vancamp (Amanda Clarke/ Emily Thorne), Josh Bowman (Daniel Grayson), Nick Wechsler (Jack Porter), and Barry Sloane (Aiden Mathis) on February 6, 2021 for the fun-filled festivities!
Fans will be able to play video games with Barry nd Josh! Per the invite, you can “Play Co-Op or Free-For-All in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Barry” or “Play FIFA World Cup with Josh Bowman!”
You can also take part in 1-on-1 virtual hangouts with 2.5 minutes with Josh, Nick, or Barry.
There’s an option to snag autographs from Josh, Emily, Barry, or Nick or opt for a personalized video message, which also makes a great gift.
And you can even commemorate the day with a T-Shirt!
According to Vancamp’s Instagram story, a portion of the proceeds will benefit St. Jude’s, so not only are you getting to catch up with your favorite characters, but it’s also for a good cause!
For more information, check out Tixr.com!
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
- Coffee Table News1 week ago
Netflix Changes ‘YOU’ Season 4 Release Date
- Alaska Daily2 weeks ago
Alaska Daily Fall Finale Review – You Can’t Put a Price on A Life (106)
- Walker2 weeks ago
Walker Fall Finale Review – Just Desserts (307)
- The Cleaning Lady3 weeks ago
The Cleaning Lady Review – Spousal Privilege (208)
- Chicago P.D2 weeks ago
Chicago PD Review – Kim Burgess Tracks Down a Serial Killer (1008)
- The Santa Clauses2 days ago
The Santa Clauses Review – The Shoes Off the Bed Clause (104)
- La Brea2 weeks ago
La Brea Fall Finale Review – 1988 (207)
- Firefly Lane22 hours ago
Firefly Lane Season 2 Part 1 Review – We Finally Know Why Kate Is Mad at Tully