An episode filled of lies, brutality, deception and shockingly truth. This weeks revenge took viewers on a roller coaster ride of twists and turns as Emily Thorne becomes angrier and angrier and more and more people are getting severely hurt in her twisted plot for revenge.
The divorce is about the get very messy as the news broke out that Charlotte is not actually Conrad’s daughter. How has Victoria lived with such a lie for so long. Whenever she has to look at her daughter she has to see the man she loved and lost. But that doesn’t mean Victoria doesn’t know how to get her way in the end and in a disgusting and appalling turn of events, she confided in her son that she was raped by the “terrorist” David Clark. The lowest of lows I believe that Victoria could have touched upon. This woman has no shame. Why not just spit more on a man’s name, I mean who cares he’s already shunned upon by society. This revelation fueled up Emily’s mission though as she was starting to think that she needed to take a break. And of course I don’t blame her. When you hear your “fiance” talking about your father, a wrongfully accused man, in the way he did I applaud her for keeping her cool. I guess a congratulations on the engagement is in order than, but this engagement is going to be deadly to say the least. You know how they say you never know a person fully, well this is a clear example of that and it seems like Daniel had no idea who his family really was and now he doesn’t even know who he is going to marry.
Conrad Grayson is a generous man and up until this weeks episode he was viewed as a kind hearted man, despite all that he had done previously. Even when he offered Declan a full ride to school with Charlotte that man was kind and giving, probably making up for his past mistakes but still. But when he found out Charlotte was not his daughter and he kicked her out, I found that unnaceptable. Sure, finding out someone isn’t your kid is quite the shocked but she is also a girl who lived her whole life thinking that she was someone else. Honestly, Charlotte was put in the shittiest situation ever and its not a surprise that she hates her mother so much. She deserves to know the truth though so I am hoping that one of the Grayson’s has it in them to tell her the truth. The scene where she came to Emily’s house crying was very emotionally touching and a good call on the writers part as it let the audience see the bond of sister-hood that never really existed up until now. They truly care about each other, despite the fact that Charlotte just thinks of Emily as a sister-in-law.
One good thing that came out of the episode was that Amanda Clark left but you have to give Emily props for her lying and mischief to get to where she wants. Jack became a casualty in Emily’s evil game but thankfully it turned out to be only a couple of bruises and broken bones. It must suck waking up from a brutal beating and finding out that the girl your in love with is gone, but what would be worse is finding out that she really isn’t who you think she is and the real Amanda is going around framing everybody. She framed fake Amanda by putting those tapes in her bags and than waited until Victoria pounced of course knowing she would be suspicious. But that move she pulled with the D.N.A test and having Victoria’s lawyer on her side the whole time took me for a whirl. This girl has so many tricks up her sleeve its ridiculous. How a girl can leave town after something like that and just “start over” beats me, so my guess is that Amanda will be returning very soon to finish some un-finished business.
- Emily: Some say our lives are defined by the sum of our choices, but it isn’t really our choices that distinguish who were are, its our commitment to them.
- Emily: My feelings are irrelevant, look I came here for revenge.
- Daniel: And if you truly care about my happiness you’ll find a way to love her too.
- Conrad: You’ve made things easier for my daughter lately I just want to repay you by making things a little easier for you.
- Conrad: Which is fitting considering you’ll once again be the desperate penniless little bitch you were when I first met you.
- Amanda: I don’t take orders from you.
- Daniel: No one has ever made me feel as loved and as safe and understood as you do. If you let me i’d like to spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you’ve made me.
- Emily: Perfectly romantic.
- Victoria: Romance is never perfect but don’t let me rain on anyones parade.
- Ashley: All I have to say for my summer with the Grayson’s is a gun wielding psychotic that made out with you while Emily gets an engagement ring and the keys to the castle.
- Ashely: I’m gunna go to the loo, drown myself in it.
- Charlotte: I’ve just never seen him look at me that way.
- Emily: what way?
- Charlotte: The way he looks at my mom.
- Charlotte: You have no idea how badly i’ve always wanted a sister.
- Nolan: I may have Jacks blood all over my jacket but you have it all over your hands.
- Emily: I have something I need to do.
- Nolan: Don’t you always. Nice ring.
- Emily: For some, commitment is like fate, a person devoting to another person or an intangible ideal, but for me commitment is a shadow side, a darker drive that consistently asks the question, how far am I willing to go?
A ‘Revenge’ Virtual Reunion Is Happening in February with Emily Vancamp, Josh Bowman, and More
Emily Thorne, is that you?
After six years, Hampton’s finest are back together again. The cast of ‘Revenge’ is reuniting virtually this February. The best part? You can be a part of it.
Join Emily Vancamp (Amanda Clarke/ Emily Thorne), Josh Bowman (Daniel Grayson), Nick Wechsler (Jack Porter), and Barry Sloane (Aiden Mathis) on February 6, 2021 for the fun-filled festivities!
Fans will be able to play video games with Barry nd Josh! Per the invite, you can “Play Co-Op or Free-For-All in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Barry” or “Play FIFA World Cup with Josh Bowman!”
You can also take part in 1-on-1 virtual hangouts with 2.5 minutes with Josh, Nick, or Barry.
There’s an option to snag autographs from Josh, Emily, Barry, or Nick or opt for a personalized video message, which also makes a great gift.
And you can even commemorate the day with a T-Shirt!
According to Vancamp’s Instagram story, a portion of the proceeds will benefit St. Jude’s, so not only are you getting to catch up with your favorite characters, but it’s also for a good cause!
For more information, check out Tixr.com!
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
Coffee Table News6 days ago
NBC 2021-2022 Fall Premiere Dates – Here’s When #OneChicago Shows Return
Lifestyle1 week ago
Krispy Kreme’s Birthday Deal Gets You $1 Doughnuts
Lifestyle1 week ago
Best and Worst Cities to Live In for Remote Workers
TV Reviews17 hours ago
Good Girls Series Finale Review – I’m the Boss (4×15 and 4×16)
What to Watch3 weeks ago
Fourth of July Guide: Most Popular Patriotic Movies by State
Dynasty2 weeks ago
Who Will Die on Dynasty Season 4?
Manifest3 weeks ago
Manifest: 11 Questions We Need Answered
TV Reviews4 days ago
HBO Max’s Genera+ion is NOT Worth Your Watch