I’m on an emotional roller coaster with this season of Revenge. Who knew David Clarke could literally eff everything up so royally? For a second I thought the man might actually be smarter than he was letting on in the beginning of the season, but curveball, he isn’t. He did some legit damage, but to the wrong people this week.
Last weeks ending scene showed David vowing to get revenge against the people that wronged his daughter. Unfortunately, he thinks the wrong people hurt her. Instead of taking out his anger and vengeances on Victoria, he turned the tables and played Nolan. Nolan of all people! The guy who was been through hell and back to protect Amanda. David pretended to want to reconcile his relationship with Nolan, telling him how proud he was of him and that he wanted Nolan to be there during the live interview with LeMarchan. Nolan was ecstatic, especially after seeing how rude David was to Victoria. During the interview, he invited Nolan to chat with him and basically ripped him apart on live television accusing him of not protecting his daughter and stealing the money he gave to her, which left her to become a stripper and live above a bar. Oh, David, what are you doing? Nolan was totally hurt, as he should have been. The whole thing was a low blow, and in bad taste. Couldn’t this be handled in private?
Emily’s lies definitely caught up with him. His embarrassment didn’t stop during the bad interview though. Putting salt on the wound, David visited him and ended up punching him out of anger. Nolan took his frustration and disappointment out on Emily, stating it was all her fault because she didn’t want to come clean to her father and tell him who she really was. That however, may be completely out of the question now that she thinks her father has been lying this whole time. Who is this man?
Charlotte wakes up from her cocaine and alcohol infused night to find that Vince was actually using her as bait to catch the “big fish.” Seriously, this girl needs to get her priorities in order. How many times can you literally get kidnapped. Unfortunately, we might never find out what this Vince man wanted from David or why he was stalking him for months before news that he was alive came to life, because she killed him in self defense. Pushed him down and broke his neck. How unfortunate. And who does she call when she’s in deep, deep trouble? Her sister! If there’s anyone who knows how to erase their existence from a situation, it’s Emily. She makes it look like Charlotte was never there and the men overdosed on heroine before hitting a counter, snapping his neck and dying.
Emily tells Charlotte that her mother was responsible for Aiden’s death and she finally realizes she needs to get a grip on this downward spiral and get away from this twisted world her mother has created. Before she leaves she says goodbye to Victoria, reminding her one more time that lying to David will only end in heartbreak and disaster. She explains she’s only doing it to protect him, but we all know she’s just jealous of the love he has for Amanda Charlotte’s last stop is Daniel’s place. She couldn’t leave with a lie and decided to come clean to her bro about Emily Thorne. Did she really tell him that Emily is actually Amanda? Will Daniel find it in his heart to forgive Emily and help out her to David? Wouldn’t it be insane if Daniel was the one to spill the beans to her father? He would definitely love to stick it to his mother like that. Plus, he’d have an exclusive for Margeoux.
Daniel’s rendezvous leaked to the press, but no one really bought a word of it.. especially not Margeoux who was playing tennis with the girl. Daniel however finally found out about Louise’s crazy past this week and it put her in a whole new light. She was no longer the country, bubbly flirt that needed Daniel’s help to manage her money. She was out for blood and her target was Victoria.. much like Emily Thorne once upon a time. What’s with Daniel attracting all the loonies seeking love and revenge? It’s clear that Louise should have never escaped from the psychiatric hospital. Her encounter with Victoria proves just how delusional she is, especially when she points out that they only spent one night as roommates before Victoria escaped. Literally, one night and look how thirsty this biatch is! It’s also important to note her joining the club to get close to Margeoux and spying on her through a window from an adjacent building. She’s clearly going to try to eliminate Margeoux and Daniel will have to come clean about the affair and try to get out of the deal with crazy-pants. Oh, what a tangled web.
Back to Emily knowing her father has been lying.. it really looks a lot worse from an outsiders perspective. We know what David did and why he lied. Emily has no idea. She’s thinking of the worst. Maybe Victoria was in on this whole thing from the start? Did her father kill Conrad? (Yes). What is he really up to? Was he ever even tortured? (No.) Emily will figure it out no doubt… did you see how quickly she came to the “bed doesn’t have rust” conclusion. Investigating the guy who was after her father and wanted to kill Charlotte will provide a lot of answers. I personally think, just asking the dude and coming clean about who you are would make things a lot easier, don’t you?
Jack’s partner is also hot on the David Clarke is a frickin liar trail. After the officer that set Conrad free is found dead, he starts trying to piece things together. After speaking to some neighbors, he found out that a man was seen in-and-out of the garage for several months prior to his death. He investigates and finds the infinity-sign engraved by a bed. Jack realizes that David was definitely lying and decides to aid Ben in his investigation. Ajj… to many people are hot on the David trail. What happens when they all join forces? I don’t have a good feeling about this.
Next weeks promos reveal that David and Emily will finally come face-to-face.. but will it be the reunion we’ve all been desperately waiting for? Probably not. David sealed his fate with Victoria, to the disappointment of a million fans.. asking her to stay with him forever. Gross. Of course she said yes, she’s been waiting for this moment her whole life. So when David comes to meet Emily, he’ll probably be doing it to meet the woman who has torturing his “love.” And since David has proved to be no smarter than a pencil, he probably won’t realize Em’s is actually Amanda. But knowing how clever she is, maybe she’ll be able to get some insight into her father through their meeting and figure out what he’s really up to. I think he’s just trying to deal with losing his daughter and avenging those who hurt her, I just wish he was hurting the right people.
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
Revenge- Aftermath (4×21)
Ding dong, is the bitch really dead? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure…. she’s turned the tables on the revenge game and it’s not looking pretty for Emily.
After Grayson manor exploded, no one seemed to think much of it. Amanda thought that it was pretty good timing considering she was closing the chapter on Emily. Louise and Margaux seemed to think it was karma. No one thought it was Victoria’s evil plan to make Emily pay for everything she’s done. That is until they found a body and positively ID’d it as Victoria’s.
Then people thought it was simply a suicide, considering Vicki left a suicide letter for Margaux. Nolan was like ‘omg I can’t believe she’s gone’ and Amanda figured a world without Victoria was pretty sweet. That is until Louise began thinking with her southern little head and saw Victoria’s staged break in. That’s when Emily became suspect number one. After all, Victoria, her sworn enemy, died in her house. Coincidence? I think not.
When she came in for questioning, she didn’t have an alibi like the rest of the suspects. Well, she did but it was a dead guy and Ben wasn’t falling for it. He needed proof and Emily willingly gave up her car to be fingerprinted so that they could see, she did actually talk to Mason Treadwell that day. And that’s how she fell into the trap. Who would have thought Victoria and Mason were actually working together? They finally pulled out the big red sharpie themselves… and all of this was staged to frame Amanda for Victoria’s death. When he met up with Em’s in her car, he wasn’t sick… he was dropping Victoria’s hair and spraying her blood on the floor. How cruel.
When he finally called her to tell her what’s up– after she cleared his name of course– he also sent her a little goodbye message from Victoria, which conveniently deleted off her server just as the cops, with Ben in tow, came to arrest her for murder. Emily genuinely got played and she didn’t see this one coming. Gah! In fact, neither did I.
The big question is, is Victoria really dead? I can’t seem to believe she’d actually blow herself up just for the sake of revenge. But, the actress that plays her, Madeline Stowe, said Victoria is definitely not returning if the season gets renewed. So maybe she did really pull the trigger one last time. The second question, is this really the end of Revenge? I was really leaning towards heck yes. But after this weeks episode, I just don’t see how they can wrap all of this up in two episodes and actually be fair to the audience. I’m thinking, Revenge needs to be renewed for at least another half season!
Other Important Moments
- Margaux is trying to expose Emily but honestly, a woman from her grave can do it better. Can we just get rid of this character once and for all? And can she take Louise too?
- Jack returned from LA because clearly it looked totally suspicious that he was leaving the minute Emily’s house, with Victoria in it, blew up. He iced Em’s out completely until Ben told him that Emily went chasing his plane to stop him from leaving. He won. Emily loved him. He came to tell her that night but unfortunately witnessed her getting arrested for murder. Now, it’s really all up to Jack, David and Nolan. Will they believe their girl and get her out?
- Em’s also finally found out her dad had cancer. There’s nothing this girl can’t overcome and this will just be another obstacle for them. Plus, being framed for murder might be worse at this point.
- Charlotte Grayson returns next week. What team will she be on? Team Emily? Team Mom? Or Team WTF is going on? I pick the last one.
- Poor Nolan. He was finally falling for someone and then boom, the dude breaks up with him cause his adoption just went through and he needs to be a single dad. Touching but I also think he’s up to no good, so maybe not as touching as I thought.
What are your thoughts? Will Emily free herself from this “revenge” plot of Victoria’s? Is Revenge done for good? Will she finally walk off into the sunset with her dad, Jack and baby Karl? How mad would you be if Emily ended up getting screwed over in the end!?
Coffee Table News2 weeks ago
Everything We Already Know About ‘YOU’ Season 3 on Netflix Including New Cast Members
Emily in Paris3 weeks ago
Best and Most Relatable Tweets & Memes About Netflix’s ‘Emily in Paris’
Big Brother3 weeks ago
Big Brother All-Stars Review: The Eleventh Eviction (22×28)
Supernatural3 weeks ago
Supernatural Review: The Winchesters are Back! (15×14)
TV Reviews3 weeks ago
The Boys Season 2 Finale Review – The Good, The Bad, and The Deadly (2 x 08)
The Masked Singer3 weeks ago
The Masked Singer Recap – Giraffe’s Run Cut Short; Revealed As ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ Actor (4 x 03)
The Bachelorette1 week ago
Best Tweets from ‘The Bachelorette’ Season 16 Episode 2 Including That Explosive Moment & Strip Dodgeball
Supernatural2 weeks ago
Supernatural Review: An Unholy Church (15×15)