“I don’t believe much in coincidence”
When is enough, enough? When does revenge turn from being payback that’s justified, to payback that is downright worse than the original harm committed? Sin dealt with exactly that. Something tells me Emily’s father wouldn’t be too proud of her, and the people in her life are starting to get worried about Emily’s need to bask in the glory of ruining people’s lives who have probably been suffering mentally from the harm they’ve caused anyways.
Red markers out everyone! We were introduced to Father Paul, a former Grayson Global employee and ex friend of David Clarke, who was involved in the “murder” of David Clarke. But unlike the others, Paul is a reformed ex employee, one who felt disgusted after the incident with Clarke and repented in the church. While Nolan and Jack were both trying to convince Emily that ruining innocent people was not the way to go, she insisted on destroying everyone that had ever harmed her and her father. The minute Nolan read her a piece from her fathers journal, which asked Amanda and Nolan to forgive the people who did them wrong and live a life full of happiness, did she fully understand that her mission was suddenly turning too dark. Yet it was too late as the damage had been done, the pictures of Paul sleeping with Victoria were given to the reverend and father Paul said goodbye to the church where he turned his life around. While she was mourning the bad she had done, the good people she destroyed and the people she missed, Conrad walked into the church. He was clearly looking for someone to talk to as he felt ostracized by even his own family. That’s when the light shone on Emily, who took the weakness as her sign. In order to crack Conrad once and for all she needed father Paul to make Conrad feel so low and guilty that he would just confess to the crime he committed.
Jack Porter couldn’t have said it better. When did Emily start sacrificing innocent people to punish evil ones? She’s getting out of hand lately. To the point where Daniel Grayson treated her better than she ever treated him. As she urged him to take on a new job at the magazine with Margeux, Margeux thought that she would be able to play a little rendezvous. She was mistaken thinking he was still the same Daniel that she used to know. Nope. This Daniel, well he’s in love with a girl he thinks is named Emily and he is staying faithful to her. Many doubted him when Margeux slipped her dress off and stood naked in front of him. I even doubted him thinking he probably went in for the kill. But, alas, I was mistaken. Yet Emily, she’s just using Daniel as a pawn in her game to get revenge at his parents. She was sleeping with Aiden, making out with Jack all while being engaged, well in her mind “fake engaged”, to Daniel. Hmmm. Maybe that’s why everyones out to get her.
Her once unbreakable bond with her sister Charlotte has been shattered as Charlotte turned on Emily for telling Ashley a secret she was the only one to know. But Emily, in her attempt to destroy everyone and everything in her path, sabotaged that relationship. I wonder if she remembers that she’s doing this all for family. And the only real family she has left is Charlotte. If she were to ever find out that Emily was behind her mother and fathers bad luck.
I love watching the Graysons lie, pretend to trust each other and than fall apart as a family, stabbing each other in the back. Charlotte has really gone through a lot this past season, so it was kind of gross to see her trying to help Conrad while he deals with his “Huntington’s disease.” While she was being so optimistic, deep down inside she was battling with the guilt that she is the one who sent Declan into the Grayson building that had the bomb. Nah, Charlotte. You are nothing like you’re parents. Leave it to good old Uncle Jack to let her in on the scoop that the bomb was really set up for him, by her own father. Ouch. Get away from that family and fast!!!
Which brings me to my favorite addition to the Grayson family, Victoria’s newly acquired son Patrick. There is just way to much sexual tension in this for me to truly believe that he is Victoria’s son. He’s also not a teeny bit evil, which also throws me off. When the news of the Grayson baby became public, thousands of people sent letters pretending they were Victoria’s son. What makes us so sure he really is? And no, we aren’t taking Victoria’s word for it. And wasn’t dinner just brutal? That’s one meal I’d take a pass on. Truthfully, I’m starting to think that Aiden might actually be her son. I know that theory is completely out of this world, but how twisted would it be!!! Emily getting revenge, while Aiden is aiding her to ruin his own mother for abandoning him, only to be heartbroken by Emily and deciding that in order to make amends with his mother he should help her destroy the girl next door! (Man if this isn’t the case, I might just go write my own show and pull one over on the writers!)
Although initially, when the alliance between Victoria and Aiden first sparked, I assumed that it was a set-up. Something Aiden and Emily were both in on together in a final attempt to bring down the Grayson’s. After all, he stood by her while she was fooling Daniel last season. So what changed? The fact that despite her love for him she didn’t abort her plans and went through with her engagement to Daniel? Whatever Aiden is so heartbroken and hurt over must be pretty serious, because it seems like he’s willing to do anything to destroy Emily. All he needs is proof for Victoria. He mentioned something about the David Clarke trial to her, so my guess is that he wants to out who Emily really is to the evil witch. Unless, my initial instincts are still true and this is staged. A false sense of security for Victoria. After all, when Aiden broke into Emily’s house he was looking for something to give Victoria as proof. The box with the double infiniti engraved. Emily removed that box from her home for safe keeping, and placed it in Nolan’s crash pad. Why would Aiden go looking for it if he knew? Well how would Emily know it was in danger? Aiden than revealed the location of Nolan’s new home, which means that he has been following them. Something smells fishy. All Victoria really wants is her fortune, which Aiden has proved that Emily stole and is living off of. Well yea, he aided her in the theft. Really Aiden??
Let’s just briefly talk about next week’s preview, which kind of blew my mind. While Emily is on her mission to cross off everyone involved in flight 197 with her red sharpie, she’s only beginning to touch the tip of the iceberg with seeing the Grayson’s really suffer. They are broke. Step 1. But now the previews show Conrad changing his ways due to his disease and thinking about coming clean. Victoria appalled by this and what looks like her stabbing him. Aiden finally coming to a party with Victoria setting Emily’s anxiety in motion. Victoria admitting to Daniel that while him and emily were engaged she was sleeping with Aiden. Literally, just a lot of Oh My God moments. Till next week folks. Check out the preview below.
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
Revenge- Aftermath (4×21)
Ding dong, is the bitch really dead? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure…. she’s turned the tables on the revenge game and it’s not looking pretty for Emily.
After Grayson manor exploded, no one seemed to think much of it. Amanda thought that it was pretty good timing considering she was closing the chapter on Emily. Louise and Margaux seemed to think it was karma. No one thought it was Victoria’s evil plan to make Emily pay for everything she’s done. That is until they found a body and positively ID’d it as Victoria’s.
Then people thought it was simply a suicide, considering Vicki left a suicide letter for Margaux. Nolan was like ‘omg I can’t believe she’s gone’ and Amanda figured a world without Victoria was pretty sweet. That is until Louise began thinking with her southern little head and saw Victoria’s staged break in. That’s when Emily became suspect number one. After all, Victoria, her sworn enemy, died in her house. Coincidence? I think not.
When she came in for questioning, she didn’t have an alibi like the rest of the suspects. Well, she did but it was a dead guy and Ben wasn’t falling for it. He needed proof and Emily willingly gave up her car to be fingerprinted so that they could see, she did actually talk to Mason Treadwell that day. And that’s how she fell into the trap. Who would have thought Victoria and Mason were actually working together? They finally pulled out the big red sharpie themselves… and all of this was staged to frame Amanda for Victoria’s death. When he met up with Em’s in her car, he wasn’t sick… he was dropping Victoria’s hair and spraying her blood on the floor. How cruel.
When he finally called her to tell her what’s up– after she cleared his name of course– he also sent her a little goodbye message from Victoria, which conveniently deleted off her server just as the cops, with Ben in tow, came to arrest her for murder. Emily genuinely got played and she didn’t see this one coming. Gah! In fact, neither did I.
The big question is, is Victoria really dead? I can’t seem to believe she’d actually blow herself up just for the sake of revenge. But, the actress that plays her, Madeline Stowe, said Victoria is definitely not returning if the season gets renewed. So maybe she did really pull the trigger one last time. The second question, is this really the end of Revenge? I was really leaning towards heck yes. But after this weeks episode, I just don’t see how they can wrap all of this up in two episodes and actually be fair to the audience. I’m thinking, Revenge needs to be renewed for at least another half season!
Other Important Moments
- Margaux is trying to expose Emily but honestly, a woman from her grave can do it better. Can we just get rid of this character once and for all? And can she take Louise too?
- Jack returned from LA because clearly it looked totally suspicious that he was leaving the minute Emily’s house, with Victoria in it, blew up. He iced Em’s out completely until Ben told him that Emily went chasing his plane to stop him from leaving. He won. Emily loved him. He came to tell her that night but unfortunately witnessed her getting arrested for murder. Now, it’s really all up to Jack, David and Nolan. Will they believe their girl and get her out?
- Em’s also finally found out her dad had cancer. There’s nothing this girl can’t overcome and this will just be another obstacle for them. Plus, being framed for murder might be worse at this point.
- Charlotte Grayson returns next week. What team will she be on? Team Emily? Team Mom? Or Team WTF is going on? I pick the last one.
- Poor Nolan. He was finally falling for someone and then boom, the dude breaks up with him cause his adoption just went through and he needs to be a single dad. Touching but I also think he’s up to no good, so maybe not as touching as I thought.
What are your thoughts? Will Emily free herself from this “revenge” plot of Victoria’s? Is Revenge done for good? Will she finally walk off into the sunset with her dad, Jack and baby Karl? How mad would you be if Emily ended up getting screwed over in the end!?
Pretty Little Liars5 years ago
Pretty Little Liars- Oh What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me (5×19)
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Jane The Virgin3 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Baywatch Remake Ready For the Big-Screen
Quantico3 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
PLL Season 5- Extended Sneak Peek
Good Girls4 months ago
Good Girls – Hunting Season (2×11)