This isn’t the news This Is Us fans were hoping for.
Jon Huertas, who plays Miguel on the NBC drama, revealed that production on the series may be delayed until January 2021 due to the coronavirus outbreak.
“I was just on the phone with [creator] Dan Fogelman, and we were talking about, you know, we may not go into production until January, depending on whether or not there’s a second wave,” he said in a conversation with Gov. Gavin Newsom and other industry leaders, per The Wrap.
The video-streamed call occurred as officials brainstorm plans to release guidelines for filming in a post-coronavirus world. Guidelines will be revealed next Monday and will likely adopt the protocols implemented in South Korea, Sweden, and Iceland, according to Variety.
“When we talk about the protocols and the guidelines that we may be following when we go back into production, it’s really kind of daunting to all of us. The actors, we talk all the time. We have a crew of 200-300 people who work in close proximity. We consider ourselves a family. As much as we would like to get back online, we are very much concerned about our crew,” Huertas revealed.
Of course, if production is pushed to the beginning of 2021, it means that the tearjerking family drama won’t return as part of the fall 2020-2021 TV lineup, and is likely to premiere either in the spring of 2021 or even be pushed to the fall of 2021.
FOX and The CW have both released fall 2020 lineup’s that have bypassed most of their scripted dramas, which are all set to return in 2021.
The Paramount+ series follows the 1883 prequel spinoff and will introduce a new generation of Duttons.
The series has amassed a somewhat cult following, so it makes sense that the forces behind yet another origin story have decided to go big with the names attached to the project.
It’s unclear what role Ford and Mirren have been cast in, but we’re sure it’ll delight considering their impressive acting resumes.
Per the official synopsis provided by the streaming network, the drama will “explore the early 20th century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of Prohibition and the Great Depression all plague the mountain west, and the Duttons who call it home.”
Pandemics, huh. We know a thing or two about that.
News of the new prequel first broke in February.
“Taylor Sheridan has put roots down for the Dutton Family tree that stand strong and tall, with many branches that continue to engage record-breaking audiences,” 1883 executive producer David C. Glasser said via a statement, adding, “It is awe-inspiring to work with Taylor, ViacomCBS and the entire team on this universe.”
It’s unclear if the plan is to have 1932 span multiple seasons or if it will be a one-season limited series like the previous prequel.
All we know is that if you’re not watching Yellowstone and the blossoming franchise, you’re doing it wrong.
And when The CW canceled Dynasty, Roswell, New Mexico, Charmed, In the Dark, and 4400 earlier today, things looked even bleaker for the Danielle Russell-led series.
Admittedly, Legacies never reached the heights that its predecessors did, and viewership has only been dwindling.
The series will come to an end with its fourth season.
The CW really broke took a jab at so many fandoms today!
Bad news today. But the GOOD news is we have so much love and support from such a wonderful fandom. The biggest of hugs to all of you. Can't wait for you to see how the series ends. We're going out with a bang and you're gonna love it. #Legacies
Deadline reports that the network is currently in talks to be sold to station group Nexstar, which could explain the decision to slice its programing roster in half.
It previously canceled Batwoman and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Back in March, the network gave green lights for several of its dramas: All American renewed for season 5, The Flash renewed for season 9, Kung Fu renewed for season 3, Superman & Loisrenewed for season 3, Nancy Drew renewed for season 4, Riverdale renewed for season 7, Walker renewed for season 3.