Throughout the episode it seemed like Eli was playing on multiple fronts. He was working with Victoria to include his old foster mother in the charity. Hayword house is where Amanda and Eli grew up and had horrible memories, yet Eli wanted to honor their foster mother. This was all just a lie, so that he could expose who she really was, what she really did to these children and get back the letters from Amanda’s father that she hid from her. It was revealed that Eli had actually started the fire in that house and let Emily take the blame for it, letting her go to juvie and basically throwing her life into the whirlwind that it has been. Maybe if she hadn’t gone to juvie, she would have been able to save her father. But things happen for a reason and Eli came to make amends for his mistakes. Eli’s actions exposed the truth, made Victoria look bad, put the Hayword house under investigation and got Emily an envelope that led her straight to Treadwell. Treadwell is still in jail, a place that only Emily can get him out of, so he has motive to give her the answers she’s looking for. Unfortunately, the letters from her father burned down when Emily set his house on fire, but Treadwell slipped up that Victoria had another son, a first born, that she had also put into a foster home. That means there is another Grayson that Victoria has “forgotten” completely about. Or is he a Grayson? Maybe he’s a Clarke? Does he know anything? Does he want revenge as well??
Victoria doesn’t really need to ruin another child’s life. She does that enough with her own son Daniel, whose clearly already loosing it, yet she manages to push him even further. She’s obviously aware that Daniel has been telling Emily everything, or she’s at least suspicious of it. She also knows that she can manipulate her son into doing whatever she wants as long as he thinks that something might happen to the girl that he loves; Emily. She sends him a picture, anonymously, of him and Emily on their “secret” meeting reserved under Taylor, with two bullets. Daniel freaks out, thinking this is probably the work of the initiative. But how far will Daniel go to protect Emily? How far will Victoria go to push her son or initiate a threat on her neighbor??
While Emily is dealing with her step brother, Nolan and Aiden are dealing with the initiative. They desperately want the program Carion, which is surprising because if they are in fact working with the Falcon, couldn’t he just whip up something like Carion? Nolan refers to the Falcon as the only person that’s better at this than Nolan. So what does the initiative need out of Carion? Nolan and Aiden attempt to protect Padma when she meets with them to give the program over, but are unsuccessful cause the initiative is always a few steps ahead. Now Padma is missing along with her father. The initiative leads Nolan and Aiden to a location where they find the turtle head with the tracking device that was attached to the usb of the program. They knew all along. Did it not occur to any of them that the initiative could have their offices bugged? They talked so openly about all of this that its no surprise they were onto them. Now, Nolan has to decode the programming where the text messages are coming from, but maybe thats what the initiative wants. They clearly want to go after Nolan and maybe abducting Padma is their only way of getting to him. Either way, the love Nolan has for Padma will be his driving force to find her and free her. I just hope she wasn’t playing him all this time.
Jack Porter is making deals with the devil. His manhunt for Kenny allowed him to get some recordings that happen between the other Ryan brother and Conrad Grayson, where Conrad basically tells him to kill Jack. This takes the heat off of Emily and Nolan, but leaves Jack yearning to make Conrad pay for the death of his wife. He knows now the only reason the brother was on the boat and ready to kill is because of Conrad’s orders. I’m not really sure what Jack’s plan is but he accepted Conrad’s proposal to join his campaign team. I’d love to see this guy take down the Grayson’s single handedly. They really deserve it. Although Conrad’s intentions weren’t to kill Amanda, he isn’t too sad about it. He got rid of a girl who was blackmailing him with evidence that could corrupt him and his family and he got to make money out of the whole ordeal, while looking like a good samaritan on his campaign. Jack’s probably going to get close to him and try to find some evidence of monetary exchange between Grayson and Ryan in order to prove that he is the one that initiated the death of his wife.
While everything is interesting and setting up for a crazy ride, I’m excited to see how Emily handles the orphan brother. Her smile at the end when she found out the secret was beyond wicked. It was pure evil with a hint of vengeance. Will she shove him down Victoria’s throat or blackmail her in style? Obviously, a masquerade ball is the perfect place to reveal this new found son. Victoria just has a bundle of secrets, but this won’t be a bundle of joy, it’ll be a bundle of unanswered questions. While the writing has been decent on the past few episodes, I think this new revelation will really spice things up and hopefully the end of the initiative is on its way.
- Emily: In the art of war, if you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the approaching battles. But if you only know yourself and not your enemy, for every victory there will also be defeat.
- Aiden: The only way to save Padma is to let her go.
- Padma: You better be walking down that beach seconds later.
- Nolan: I’ll be running.
- Emily: Do you have any idea what lighting that fire did? My whole life could have been different Eli!
- Emily: Victoria? She has another son?
- Treadwell: I imagine you’ll exploit this fresh little morsel with your usual flair.
- Emily: You can’t even begin to imagine.
Revenge- Two Graves (4×23)
And just like that, we close the chapter of Revenge. We say goodbye to Victoria Grayson, David Clarke, Emily Thorne and most importantly Amanda Clarke. Can I say I’m totally content with the ending? Yes and no.
Amanda said, when you embark on the path or revenge, always dig two graves. One for Victoria- may she rest in peace. The other, for Amanda and all the parts of herself she lost along the way. That was metaphorical. The second grave, was for her father, David Clarke, who got a piece of her back that was gone before the revenge. In the end, she gained time to get to know him, but lost him to the cancer. You always lose something while gaining something else.
But let’s reverse a little shall we. We picked up this final episode with Amanda admitting that she was guilty of killing Victoria after finding out Ben had been murdered. She knew the only way to end this once and for all was to get transferred to a maximum security prison and break out with Nolan and Jack’s help.
When Victoria found out Amanda was out of jail, she began taking precautions. But, eventually, her heart got in the way of things. Margaux had set everything up; she got Victoria a passport and a private jet out of town. But, Victoria decided to attend her own funeral where she heard Louise speak fondly of her. She decided she didn’t want her to mourn her death, so she asked Margaux to bring Louise to her. She was obviously really shocked, but agreed to keep Victoria’s secret.
Victoria admitted to putting her mothers body in the explosion, hence the dental records that came back linking the body to Victoria. Before she sacrificed her mothers corpse, she went to visit her in the hospital. I didn’t really get the point of this whole scene and only really figured that Victoria had the same relationship with Emily as her mother had with her. Plus, she’d also failed as a mother with all of her children, but her weakness was that heart of hers, which ultimately got her killed.
When Amanda learned that Victoria used her mother, things were really set in motion. Nolan figured out that Margaux was helping Victoria by hiring hit-woman White Gold. When they realized White Gold was coming for Emily, it was too late. Thankfully, David made the call to 911 and they saved Jack, who did quite the job defending himself from the assailant.
This led Amanda to make the ultimate choice- she was ready to kill Victoria. But how? How would she find out where she was hiding. Louise! After finding out Victoria had played her, she realized that Nolan had been right the whole time; Victoria was a manipulative bitch who didn’t care about anyone but herself. She physically brought Amanda to Victoria’s hiding place and I couldn’t have been more proud. At this point, Victoria knew she was going to die– you could see it in Amanda’s eyes. She was done playing- she knew the only way to end this once and for all was to end Victoria. As she was about to pull the trigger, David shot Victoria. As she lay dying, she used her last breath to pick up a gun and shoot Amanda.
Okay, at this point, I was like holy crap, Amanda cannot die. We’ve come so far. Done so much. Four-years worth of revenging…. They can’t both die at the same time right? Right! Amanda was saved, spent a lot of time with David in his last few months before the cancer took him, reconnected with Charlotte and married Jack.
Sort of perfect ending if you think about it. She got her revenge, she got to know her dad, she got rid of the bitch and she got the boy. Sure, she lost a lot of people along the way and part of herself, but I feel like it was worth it. She knew what she was getting herself into when she started this whole thing. And that’s what’s most important.
Louise finally redeemed herself. Margaux also took the high road, helping Nolan bring down White Gold and turning herself in in honor of Daniel. She wanted to be proud of the person she was and helping Victoria destroyed her soul. It’s funny if you think about it. Victoria thought she had all these minions who seemed faithful but weren’t because eventually, they realized they were fighting for the wrong thing. Amanda was painted as this evil person, but she did everything out of love. Victoria, she did it for self-preservation and she wasn’t afraid to throw anyone under the bus.
As Amanda and Jack jetted off into the sunset, after having a beautiful wedding with Carl as the ring bearer, she had a terrifying dream. At least, I hope it’s a dream. In it, the doctor thanks Charlotte for agreeing to use her mothers heart for a heart transplant to save Amanda. It seems rather ridiculous that they would include this though and maybe, Amanda’s heart really does belong to Victoria now. Maybe in a funny way, she ended up having to save her. And this was Charlotte’s way of getting back at her mother. Or, it’s just a reminder that she’ll never shake Victoria. Either way, we’ll never know and I guess its left up to interpretation.
As for Nolan, I feel like that was also left open for a possible spinoff show. He was so worried about what he would do after revenge since he got so good at it and Amanda made sure to send a guy his way that a. could be a potential love interest and b. needs help getting revenge for his mother. Oh, how things never change.
Were you satisfied with the series finale? Are you happy Amanda and Jack ended up together? Do you wish David Clarke made it through? Are you glad Victoria is finally 5 feet under? You know she never stood a chance against Amanda. I say, I’ll be content with the finale because Amanda, well, she pretty much got everything she wanted and more. I raise my glass to you Ms. Clarke!
Revenge- Plea (4×22)
Alright Revengers, are you ready for the end? Next week is the series finale of Revenge and I am completely devastated. While I agree, the show needs to end, I don’t think all of my questions can be answered in one episode. I don’t think the closure I need from this weeks episode can come in 45 minutes! With that being said, lets tackle the biggest moments of this weeks episode…
- Louise got smart for one second and figured out that Victoria might be faking her own death. Who knew Louise could consider Victoria as anything but an “angel.” That didn’t last long however because she told Margaux that she found a hoodie similar to the one Ems wore when she allegedly attacked Victoria and the French liar once again fooled Louise into believing bull. Ugh get it together Lou-Lou!
- After all this time, you’d think I wouldn’t be surprised by Emily’s bold decisions, but I still am. Why did she think switching her ankle monitor was a good idea? I don’t care how good Nolan is at his job, you know she’s going to get caught. You know Ben won’t let up and he’ll come to check on her. She was asking for trouble. If she involved Nolan and Jack in this for years, she could at least accept their help. Although I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go cause they would end up dead.
- Charlotte Greyson returned and it was tragic and totally useless. Rehab has done wonders for her yeah. She turned over a new leaf and is “helping” people, but did we really need to see her just to know that she didn’t care if her mom “died” again. She might be the smartest person in the Hamptons knowing her mom is capable of faking her own death just to get ahead.
- Jack willingly helping Emily, believing her and bringing down Margaux was sweet to see. Thank god he finally came to his senses. And Margaux was key in Emily finding out how Victoria got away with such an elaborate plan. Also, how the hell does Emily know how to get keys in jail and stuff? Her life skills are on a pro level, for real.
- David only has 6 months to live… give or take since the cancer has spread to his brain. This pissed me off. Emily did all of this just to lose her father to cancer? And without even getting a decent amount of time with him? I call BS!
- Emily finally told Jack she had feelings for him and it wasn’t all that it should have been. When they kissed the nigh Sammy died, it still felt real. Then Emily fell in love with Aiden and now seeing her “want” Jack seems delusional and totally passionless. Boo.
- Can you honestly believe Margaux stooped down so low? She was even the one who attacked Victoria just to frame Emily. And she’s using her magazine to expose that truth. It’s so sad since she was actually a pretty legit character before hitching her wagon to Victoria’s.
- So the bitch isn’t really dead. She’s totally alive. Victoria is alive. We knew that, we speculated, but it was still really shocking seeing her casually walk out of the shower only to come face to face with Ben.
- Who was in disbelief because this whole time he thought Emily was crazy but she was actually telling the truth. She was the one he should have trusted. Unfortunately, when he finally realized all of that he was stabbed by Courtney Love’s character and died. Oh Ben. He never even saw it coming which makes him a crap cop. But it was still sad. Let’s just say Emily won’t be happy to hear about this and there’s one more person just gone that could have corroborated Emily’s story! So, how will she get out? How will she prove her innocence?
Do you think Emily will die next week? The episode is called Two Graves which links back to the very first quote of the show… When starting Revenge, always dig two graves. Is one for Victoria and one for her? For her dad? For her old identity- Emily Thorne? I’d be super pissed if Emily, Nolan or Jack died… I’d literally take my red sharpie out and start avenging them. But, the promo doesn’t look too promising for either Victoria, Jack or Ems. What do you think? Use this week to mental prepare yourselves!
2. Victoria is alive. I mean, we speculated it would happen, but seeing her casually walk out of the bathroom still stunned us.
Revenge- Aftermath (4×21)
Ding dong, is the bitch really dead? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure…. she’s turned the tables on the revenge game and it’s not looking pretty for Emily.
After Grayson manor exploded, no one seemed to think much of it. Amanda thought that it was pretty good timing considering she was closing the chapter on Emily. Louise and Margaux seemed to think it was karma. No one thought it was Victoria’s evil plan to make Emily pay for everything she’s done. That is until they found a body and positively ID’d it as Victoria’s.
Then people thought it was simply a suicide, considering Vicki left a suicide letter for Margaux. Nolan was like ‘omg I can’t believe she’s gone’ and Amanda figured a world without Victoria was pretty sweet. That is until Louise began thinking with her southern little head and saw Victoria’s staged break in. That’s when Emily became suspect number one. After all, Victoria, her sworn enemy, died in her house. Coincidence? I think not.
When she came in for questioning, she didn’t have an alibi like the rest of the suspects. Well, she did but it was a dead guy and Ben wasn’t falling for it. He needed proof and Emily willingly gave up her car to be fingerprinted so that they could see, she did actually talk to Mason Treadwell that day. And that’s how she fell into the trap. Who would have thought Victoria and Mason were actually working together? They finally pulled out the big red sharpie themselves… and all of this was staged to frame Amanda for Victoria’s death. When he met up with Em’s in her car, he wasn’t sick… he was dropping Victoria’s hair and spraying her blood on the floor. How cruel.
When he finally called her to tell her what’s up– after she cleared his name of course– he also sent her a little goodbye message from Victoria, which conveniently deleted off her server just as the cops, with Ben in tow, came to arrest her for murder. Emily genuinely got played and she didn’t see this one coming. Gah! In fact, neither did I.
The big question is, is Victoria really dead? I can’t seem to believe she’d actually blow herself up just for the sake of revenge. But, the actress that plays her, Madeline Stowe, said Victoria is definitely not returning if the season gets renewed. So maybe she did really pull the trigger one last time. The second question, is this really the end of Revenge? I was really leaning towards heck yes. But after this weeks episode, I just don’t see how they can wrap all of this up in two episodes and actually be fair to the audience. I’m thinking, Revenge needs to be renewed for at least another half season!
Other Important Moments
- Margaux is trying to expose Emily but honestly, a woman from her grave can do it better. Can we just get rid of this character once and for all? And can she take Louise too?
- Jack returned from LA because clearly it looked totally suspicious that he was leaving the minute Emily’s house, with Victoria in it, blew up. He iced Em’s out completely until Ben told him that Emily went chasing his plane to stop him from leaving. He won. Emily loved him. He came to tell her that night but unfortunately witnessed her getting arrested for murder. Now, it’s really all up to Jack, David and Nolan. Will they believe their girl and get her out?
- Em’s also finally found out her dad had cancer. There’s nothing this girl can’t overcome and this will just be another obstacle for them. Plus, being framed for murder might be worse at this point.
- Charlotte Grayson returns next week. What team will she be on? Team Emily? Team Mom? Or Team WTF is going on? I pick the last one.
- Poor Nolan. He was finally falling for someone and then boom, the dude breaks up with him cause his adoption just went through and he needs to be a single dad. Touching but I also think he’s up to no good, so maybe not as touching as I thought.
What are your thoughts? Will Emily free herself from this “revenge” plot of Victoria’s? Is Revenge done for good? Will she finally walk off into the sunset with her dad, Jack and baby Karl? How mad would you be if Emily ended up getting screwed over in the end!?
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Quantico3 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Jane The Virgin2 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Baywatch Remake Ready For the Big-Screen
Coffee Table News5 years ago
PLL Season 5- Extended Sneak Peek
Grey's Anatomy6 years ago
Sandra Oh leaving Grey’s Anatomy
Interviews6 years ago
Interview with Bethany Joy Lenz!