Emma couldn’t sleep in this weeks Scream, which is understandable considering her ex was sliced in half in front of her and she kept seeing his ghost all around town….
Ghostface is playing an ugly game with Emma, but now we know his/her motives are purely personal.
- Will keeps popping up in hallucinations and trying to give something to Emma.. it’s a locket.
- After she’s checked into the hospital, she’s visited by her dad, who she kicks out. When he comes back a second time, she sees a vision of herself as a little girl listening to her parents fight about a baby that he didn’t know about/want. She thinks their talking about her, but he tells her to connect the pieces.
- All the clues are coming from her subconscious- the answer has been right there all along. Audrey sends her the video from the abandoned hospital/ Brandon James’s lair and Emma sees a baby sonogram.
- When she confronts her mom, it turns out, Daisy had a baby with Brandon that she later put up for a “closed” adoption meaning she didn’t know if it was a boy or a girl. Probably could have helped narrow down some suspects but ya know whatever.
- Mayor Quinn is arrested after Piper Shaw turns in the video of him moving a dead body. He promises he’s innocent and tells Brooke the truth. Her mom is really alive. She’s in rehab because he found her using with this guy who overdosed in their guest house. To keep up appearances, he buried him so no one would ever find out. This is potentially the end of his relationship with Brooke… a broken, broken girl.
- Branson is the second suspect who has been on Noah’s radar since day 1. Finally, he finds out that Seth’s name is really Seth Peters and that he changed it after being caught having sex with a student at his old job. Also important to note, that student was later found dead and Branson was the #1 suspect.
- They also find ghostface’s weapon in Branson’s classroom.
- After the fallout with her dad, Brooke confides in Branson… or rather his nether regions. They begin getting hot and heavy in the school auditorium, but when Branson hears a noise, he leaves to check on it. That’s when Brooke is attacked by the masked murderer (again), but manages to get away with just an arm scratch (again.) Seriously, anyone else think ghostface isn’t trying hard enough?
- When GF disappears, Branson suddenly reappears to console Brooke, but the police bust in and arrest him. It doesn’t help his case that he’s standing next to half naked chick.
- Obviously Branson. I want him to be the bad guy as much as the next. He wasn’t in class the day the bowling incident went down. He has a past. He’s perfect. But I don’t think he’s THAT good at changing outfits. Yes, it was mysterious that Branson left Brooke alone to “scope” things out, but honestly maybe he was scared of getting caught. Seems like someone is trying to frame him as a distraction. Also… the name Branson is SO close to Brandon it’s tweaky.
- My moneys on Audrey. Remember that first episode where she looked at a hidden picture of Brandon James? I immediately said that’s her dad, but the whole thing didn’t make sense. Well, what if Brandon was killed while Daisy was pregnant and she gave the kid up for adoption, but she somehow found out. She befriended Emma and then decided to avenge her fathers death or something insane like that. I haven’t seen ghost face try to come after her yet, even though she said he’s into “stereotypes.”
- Jake- I guess I still have to consider him because they did say “he miraculously” was still alive after being attacked. Did GF leave him alive on purpose? Are they working together?
- Piper Shaw- She’s everywhere all the time and is involved in everything. Look, I studied journalism and all but if I was in a town where everyone was getting murdered and I was the one who wanted to expose the truth and the killer, I’d be afraid. Like “GTFO out of town” afraid. Just saying.
“Scream” Takes Multiple Victims During Halloween Special
It’s official, I am never going to visit an island.
That being said the Lakewood 5 plus Stavo did during Scream’s 2-hour Halloween special and found out something gruesome – no matter what, they’ll never be able to escape the murders. But while it may have been another nightmare for them, it was a guilt-free treat for us. Especially because 10 minutes into the episode, we KNEW who the killer was.
It was the poor man’s Kieran. The reason they keep getting into these “unwelcome” situations is part Emma’s fault. She keeps falling in love with dudes who seriously scream “KILLER.” Case and point – Alex Whitten aka the poor man’s Kieran. Alex is the good looking dude, with blonde slicked back hair, a leather jacket and a free attitude… all clear hints at Kieran. We all knew it, Emma didn’t. This girl really needs a radar.
Emma isn’t completely at fault though. Because of everything that’s happened, these 6 teens are a target for a bunch of psychos… not only did they survive one killer in Lakewood, they survived TWO. And 3 if you count whoever murdered Kieran at the courthouse. So knowing that they literally can’t catch a break, why did they go to an island dubbed murder island? Bad judgement on their part and the perfect opportunity for whoever wants to take a stab at well, stabbing them.
The one good thing that came from the murders? Noah is a best selling author for his book based on all the killings in his hometown. His publisher, Jeremy, insists he break that “writers block” and offers to take them on a trip to get inspiration from another chilling murder story – Anne Hobbs, who as legend has it, killed her whole family in a fit of rage while wearing a bag over her head. Dramatic.
Noah is hesitant but with Kieran’s death looming over the city, Emma is dying for an escape. No pun intended. I guess it can’t be easy to be in a murder town for Halloween as the girlfriend of the crazed killer. Emma’s got a pretty bad rep for herself.
So off to murder island they go. That’s not really what it’s called but it might as well be. Everyone is having a good old time until they aren’t able to locate Jeremy, the prankster who thought it was funny to wear a Hobbs mask and scare a bunch of survivors. He had it coming honestly.
Shortly after, Billie, who lives in the caretaker’s house, is found dead, in the same way Hobbs’ victims were. Then Emma gets a call from the “Scream” voice who promises she’ll never get rid of him. Here we go again.
And so we’re 100% cliche, a huge storm is headed their way and everyone’s a little freaked out by the whole “murder” situation repeating itself for the umteenth time. Gina arrives right smack in the middle to surprise her GF Audrey but freaks out after finding the Sheriff’s head on the front porch. With no cell service and no way off the island, the gang turns to Alex, who has a boat at the dock.
He drives them out there but SURPRISE, his boat has been stolen, so instead, he allows them to take up residence in the Whitten mansion. Everyone’s on edge because you know, there’s a killer on the loose and it very well might be the person who finished off Kieran in a secure holding cell.
A lot of things start happening at once – Jeremy arrives but nobody believes that he’s 100% innocent so they lock him inside a bathroom. Audrey freaks out on Gina because she finds out she arrived on the island a lot early than she said and was taking pictures of her and Emma during “girl time.” Stavo and Noah get their McGayver on and try to get an old radio to work to call in some help.
When the power goes out, Stavo, Audrey, Brooke and Noah end up in the master bedroom and that’s where we finally begin seeing the observant Noah we all and love. He wasn’t feeling motivated for another novel out of “survivors guilt” and he didn’t like the story of Anne Hobb’s because it was too “ghost story.” When he actually gets a look at the room, he finds a secret tunnel and realizes that Anne Hobbs wasn’t crazy. In fact, her father had a wandering eye, tried to come onto her, her mother tried to defend her, her father killed the mom and her brother, she in turn killed him, then died herself. They also find Jeremy dead, killed by the dude posing to be Alex Whitten, confirmed by a picture of the REAL Alex.
“If that’s not Alex, who’s with Emma now,” Brooke wonders. Well great question guys. So much for leaving your best friend with a dude you barely know. I mean, you’d think that they’d have learned from Kieran. They were literally BFFS with him and he was the killer, so what can you expect from a dude you’ve never met?
But Emma is a survivor. She doesn’t know it, but she’s much stronger and smarter than anyone believes. At first she falls victim to Alex’s kindness. He tells her to stay safely in the room while he “checks things out” and then she’s attacked by the Hobbs masked killer. He comes back shortly after looking worried but turns on “psycho mode” quickly when she finds the real Alex’s body. “You’re not the real Alex,” she states. Bingo.
Long story short, this twisted dude named Tom saw her story on the news and felt a “connection” because he felt they were going through the same thing. His parents were murdered when he was 4 and he was attacked by the media. When he saw Emma, he hatched this plan to bring her to the island so she would fall in love with him. He spread the word about the Hobbs murder to Jeremy, who brought the gang down then posed as Alex Whitten because he knew “Emma loved bad boys.” Then he began killing off anyone who knew the real Alex and could ruin his disguise.
Emma decides to play it cool, acting exactly the way Tom would want her too. She pretends to be impressed that he’s killed all these people for her, she cradles in his arms and tells him she’d love to run away and pretend to be someone new. Props to Emma for not completely freaking out. Then, when she has the chance, she knees him in the balls, hides, stabs him from behind and lures him out to the balcony where she finally, FINALLY, find the fighter inside. She’s not a victim, she’s Emma fricking Duval. And with that, Tom lunges at her, falls over the banister and dies. Oh and the rest of the group comes running from the underground tunnel. Thanks for making it out you guys.
Another murder mystery in the books. Emma found her sense of self, realizing she couldn’t run away from her problems, she had to face them head on which meant embracing who she was – a survivor, hero and a Duval. She even applied to a college in Lakewood! No matter how much you think you’re over it though, you have to be seriously deranged to stay in that town, just saying.
Meanwhile, Noah got over his writer’s guilt seeing that many times, victims didn’t have a way to tell their story. As a survivor, he did and he would. Now that really is taking a lemon and making lemonade.
Stavo and Brooke decided they’d be going to New York together. Audrey gave jealous Gina a second chance because she’s know to make bad decisions once or twice.
But the FINAL mystery is only just beginning. You see Tom may have been psychotic, murderish and obsessive, but he didn’t finish off Kieran. That means, someone in the Scream mask did. Was it Brandon James? Was it Emma’s dad? We’ll find out in the 6-episode season 3 hopefully.
Thoughts on the Halloween episode?
MTV’s “Scream” Renewed For Season 3
We haven’t seen the last of Lakewood’s masked killer… or killer’s.
MTVs slasher drama Scream has been renewed for a third season.
TVLine reports that the Lakewood 4 plus Stavo will return for six full episodes after their 2-hour Halloween special.
At this time there is no word on cast members or a premiere date.
“Scream” Halloween Special Trailers Reveals Island Murder & Return Of Brandon James
What’s changed since Kieran was revealed to be the killer on Scream? A lot actually.
We catch up with the Lakewood 6 turned Lakewood 4 in the Halloween special airing October 18.
The survivors are now all best selling authors. But they can’t seem to avoid serial killers.
Their “fun” trip to a secluded island turns pretty deadly, I’m talking “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer” deadly when they are taunted by a new crazed killer and a familiar voice… could it be Kieran coming to finish this once and for all.
Plus… a Mr. James checking into Lakewood. Could it be the real Brandon James?
Watch the spooky trailer below and mark your calendars… considering this might be the finale of Scream for good!
Pretty Little Liars5 years ago
Pretty Little Liars- Oh What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me (5×19)
American Horror Story6 years ago
American Horror Story- Coven “The Axeman Cometh” (3×06)
Coffee Table News6 years ago
Ian Somerhalder talks Damon and Elena Relationship
Good Girls6 months ago
Good Girls – Hunting Season (2×11)
Jane The Virgin3 years ago
Jane the Virgin – Chapter Fifty-Four (3×10)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
Baywatch Remake Ready For the Big-Screen
Quantico3 years ago
Quantico – Yes (1×22)
Coffee Table News5 years ago
PLL Season 5- Extended Sneak Peek